JW Dogma Analysis For Lurkers & Faders to Consider

by The Fall Guy 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

This post is necessarily lengthy, but my hope is that these 14 examples of WTBTS dogma will be examined closely by those who either have something to gain by doing so, or those who can provide "new light" for any of the topics.

"However, you may say in your heart: “How will we know that Jehovah has not spoken the word?” When the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word is not....true, then Jehovah did not speak that word. You should not fear him." [the prophet] (Deuteronomy 18:21-22)

1) Does the Bible teach that the "vile things" spoken of at John 5:29 will be practiced during Christ's 1000 years reign?

it-2 p. 789 Resurrection - Jesus was therefore evidently taking a similar position in time in speaking of “those who did good things” and “those who practiced vile things,” namely, a position at the end of the period of judgment, as looking back in retrospect or in review of the actions of these resurrected persons after they had opportunity to obey or disobey the “things written in the scrolls.”"

re chap. 41 p. 300 par. 16 - "...showing that those resurrected ones who “practiced vile things” after being instructed in the inspired Scriptures and scrolls are judged to be unworthy of life."

rs p. 338 par. 1 - "Both those who formerly did good things and those who formerly practiced bad things will be “judged individually according to their deeds.” What deeds? If we were to take the view that people were going to be condemned on the basis of deeds in their past life, that would be inconsistent with Romans 6:7...... Jesus was expressing the outcome after they had been uplifted to human perfection and been put on judgment."

bh p. 214 par. 3 - "...the judgment will not focus on what people did before they died.....individuals will be judged on the basis of what they do during Judgment Day."

uw chap. 9 p. 76 par. 12 - "They will be “judged individually according to their deeds” performed after their resurrection."

w82 4/1 p. 25 par. 18 - "Both “those who did good things” and “those who practiced vile things” will be among “those dead” who will be “judged individually according to their deeds” performed after their resurrection."

w78 9/1 p. 22 par. 9 - "...the former life pattern will affect the problem of the resurrected ones as to their conforming to Kingdom requirements........they will either turn to the course of doing good things or turn to the practicing of vile things." If people are going to be practicing vile things and then judged, such a world makes a nonsense of Christ's ruler-ship as described at Revelation 2:27 - "....he will shepherd the people with an iron rod...."

2) Why are elders are "permitted" to talk with disfellowshipped ones about spiritual things, but publishers will be punished for doing so?

wt 15 4/15 p. 31 - "For the sake of reminding (LOL) disfellowshipped ones of how they can return to Jehovah, elders may periodically visit those who have given some evidence of changing their ways." Why are J.W. friends/relatives forbidden from "reminding" d/f'd relatives? Don't God's laws apply equally to everyone?

3) Does the Bible teach that the tribulations of Revelation 7:14 & Matthew 24:21 are one and the same?

The great tribulation spoken of at Revelation 7:14 is not the same one Jesus spoke abouf at Matthew 24:21 - for two reasons:

a) The great tribulation which is spoken of at Revelation 7:14 is contextually a reference to the same great tribulation mentioned five chapters previously at Revelation 2:22 - a tribulation which Christ himself would instigate against those who were corrupting the congregations. The angel was describing a distinctly different tribulation in Revelation - one which was future. He was not discussing one which had already occurred almost 30 years previously.

b) Regarding the great tribulation at Matthew 24:21, Jesus said "....no, nor will occur again". Something which Jesus said would never be repeated, cannot have another fulfilment. It is corrupt to state that different scriptures are discussing the same topic simply because the wording is similar. Acts 7:11 also speaks of a "great tribulation," but the surrounding verses and context likewise eliminates any possible connection to Matthew 24:21.

4) Does the Bible teach that Romans 6:7 is referring to a person literally dying?

Watchtower May 15th 1982, pp. 8,9 - "The Bible explains that at death a person is set free or released from any sins he committed."

bh p. 214 par. 3 - ..the judgment will not focus on what people did before they died......Those resurrected thus come to life with a clean slate, so to speak.

The surrounding verses - 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 & 11 prove beyond all doubt that the context is figurative:

2 Certainly not! Seeing that we died with reference to sin, how can we keep living any longer in it? 4 So we were buried with him through our baptism into his death, in order that just as Christ was raised up from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we also should walk in a newness of life. 6 For we know that our old personality was nailed to the stake along with him in order for our sinful body to be made powerless, so that we should no longer go on being slaves to sin. 8 Moreover, if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 10 For the death that he died, he died with reference to sin. 11 Likewise you, consider yourselves to be dead with reference to sin but living with reference to God by Christ Jesus.

Paul was addressing people who were alive but had figuratively died to their former sinful ways. The apostle Peter stated likewise: (1 Peter 2:24) "He himself bore our sins in his own body on the stake, so that we might die to sins and live to righteousness...."

Falsely believing that Romans 6:7 is literal creates another corrupt belief that every evil person who ever lived and was never caught, has evaded judgement due to their ceasing to live. In turn, such a false teaching invalidates the following scriptures which promise that Christ will judge dead persons. He can have no right judge the dead if their own death has already wiped out their sins!

(Acts 10:42) ......this is the one decreed by God to be judge of the living and the dead.

(2 Timothy 4:1) .....Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead,

(1 Peter 4:5) .....the one who is ready to judge those living and those dead.

(Revelation 20:12) The dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls Claiming that a person's own death wipes out their sins, denies everything about the scriptural validity, value, and purpose of Christ's death.

5) Does the Bible teach that the Catholic church's practice of voluntarily confessing to a priest is unscriptural? If so, is it not worse to be compelled to confess serious sins to three elders?

Matthew 18:15-17 says nothing about elders being involved when someone commits a serious sin. In fact, Jesus explicitly stated that if a serious sin has been witnessed by someone, the matter should be resolved only by the sinner and the witness. No one else was to be involved. Jesus never even hinted about Christians having to confess to elders! Also, verse 16 is referring to other witnesses of the sin - not witnesses of the accusation.

Just think how many JW's would not have to suffer an inquisition and then be disfellowshipped if Jesus' words were obeyed and not the judgement of an anti-scriptural Judicial Committee. (see Matthew 18:17 & 1 Timothy 5:20) 6) Does the Bible teach that the "two witnesses" mentioned in Revelation chapter 11 were J.F. Rutherford and his companions who were jailed and then released in 1919?

Watchtower November 15, 2014, p. 30 - Questions From Readers) Revelation 11:7 says that it is "the wild beast that ascends out of the abyss" which kills the 'two witnesses'.

Since the wild beast is claimed to be the United Nations, how could a non-existent entity (which began in 1945) possibly fulfil a prophecy 26 years before it came into being?

7) Does the Bible teach that a "governing body" resolved the circumcision issue? (Acts 15)

bt chap. 13 p. 103 - "....the first-century governing body settled the circumcision issue..." Galatians 2:1-6 shows that the apostle Paul was used to resolve the issue, and was directed by a revelation to teach the older men in Jerusalem - not the other way round! (especially verses 2 & 6)

1 Then after 14 years I again went up to Jerusalem with Barʹna·bas, also taking Titus along with me.

2 I went up as a result of a revelation, and I presented to them the good news that I am preaching among the nations. This was done privately, however, before the men who were highly regarded, to make sure that I was not running or had not run in vain.

3 Nevertheless, not even Titus, who was with me, was compelled to be circumcised, although he was a Greek.

4 But that matter came up because of the false brothers brought in quietly, [by James!] who slipped in to spy on the freedom we enjoy in union with Christ Jesus, so that they might completely enslave us;

5 we did not yield in submission to them, no, not for a moment, so that the truth of the good news might continue with you. 6 But regarding those who seemed to be important—whatever they were makes no difference to me, for God does not go by a man’s outward appearance - those highly regarded men imparted nothing new to me. Any claims that the apostle Paul was also a member of a (non-existent) governing body are blown out of the water in verse 1 which reveals he never went near Jerusalem for 14 years. The term governing body - like 'trinity' or 'immortal soul' - does not appear anywhere in the Bible.

8) Does the Bible teach that examining doctrines & teachings should be forbidden?

km 9/07 p. 3 Question Box - "Does “the faithful and discreet slave” endorse independent groups of Witnesses who meet together to engage in Scriptural research...? No, it does not."

Such a directive opposes the Bible's command at 1 John 4:1 - "Test the inspired expression statements, to see if they originate with God."

9) Does the Bible teach that "God's laws" depend upon an individual's home address?

wt 88 4/15 p. 28, pars. 13,14 - ".....since his being disfellowshipped does not end their blood ties...... normal family affections and dealings can continue...............The situation is different if the disfellowshipped or disassociated one is a relative living outside the immediate family circle and home."

If a disfellowshipped J.W. stays at home, their family life continues. If the individual moves across the street, their family must regard them as dead, and they will be treated as being non-existent!

10) Does the Bible teach that foreigners were not participants of the Law Covenant?

wt 98 2/1 p.19, par. 6 - "Further, other sheep lay hold of the new covenant just as foreigners of old laid hold of the Law covenant. In what way? Not by becoming participants in it but by submitting to the laws associated with it and benefiting from its arrangements."

Deuteronomy 29:10-15 clearly rejects this article and its false teaching:

10 All of you are stationed today before Jehovah your God, the heads of your tribes, your elders, your officers, every man of Israel, 11 your children, your wives, and your foreign resident who is in the midst of your camp, from the one gathering your wood to the one drawing your water. 12 You are here in order to enter into the covenant of Jehovah your God and his oath, which Jehovah your God is making with you today 13 in order that he may establish you today as his people and that he may be your God, just as he has promised you and just as he swore to your forefathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. 14 “Now it is not with you alone that I am making this covenant and this oath, 15 but it is with those standing here with us today before Jehovah our God and with those who are not here with us today."

If Rahab and Ruth (foreigners) were not accepted as full members of the nation of Israel, then the Messianic lineage must have been corrupted by non-Israelites.

There is no type/anti-type application for rank & file J.W.'s being classed as "foreigners."

11) Does the Bible teach that birthdays are unscriptural?

"The Bible never refers to a servant of God celebrating a birthday. This is not simply an oversight, for it does record two birthday celebrations by those not serving God. However, both of those events are presented in a bad light." (JW web site)

Job's sons celebrated the anniversary of their births.

Genesis 40:20 - "Now the third day was Pharʹaoh’s birthday,

Job 1:4 - "Each of his sons would hold a banquet at his house on his own set day. They would invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them."

Job 3:1 - "It was after this that Job began to speak and to curse the day of his birth."

Jer. 20:14 - "Cursed be the day I was born!"

In all four verses, the same Hebrew word (yowm) meaning "day of one's birth" is used.

To demonstrate truth (TM) & consistency, the exact same "reasoning" & "principle" should be applied to these two scriptures:

(2 Kings 9:30) When Jehu came to Jezreel, Jezebel heard of it. So she painted her eyes with black paint....

(Ezekiel 23:40) ....you washed yourself and painted your eyes......

Both of these events are presented in a bad light, thereby "proving" that eye-makeup for women is pagan and should be shunned by all Jehovah's Witnesses - just as birthdays are. (The Bible never refers to anyone celebrating their wedding anniversary either!)

12) Does the Bible teach that "new" scrolls (lie!) containing new teachings (lie!) will be opened during (lie!) Christ's 1000 years reign - based on Revelation 20:12?

w10 4/15 p. 11 par. 17 - "How will Jehovah use his holy spirit in the coming new world? That spirit will be the force behind the new scrolls that will be opened at that time. (Rev. 20:12) What will these contain? Evidently, Jehovah’s detailed requirements for us during the thousand years."

There are no such things as "new" scrolls; the scrolls mentioned contain judgments, not "requirements," and the scrolls are opened after Satan is destroyed - not while he's in the abyss during the 1000 year reign of Christ. (Read verses 1 - 10 to see what occurs before the (existing - not "new") scrolls are opened)

13) Does the Bible teach that the "two witness rule" must be strictly applied by elders whenever someone is accused of sexually abusing a child.

If there are not two witnesses, (or no confession is made) elders are instructed that nothing can be done to the accused.

The organization abandons the "two witness rule" when it suits its purposes - on two counts:

a) If two people see a member of the opposite sex entering another person's home and then leaving the following morning, an assumption is made that sexual intercourse has taken place, and both parties will be subjected to a Judicial Committee hearing based upon that assumption - not upon eyewitness testimony!

b) Also, elders can accept the testimony of one witness to a serious sin, if another witness can be found to a similar, but separate sin by the same accused person.

And because it doesn't suit their evil dogma when a JW child cries 'rape,' they rip out the scriptural principle at Deuteronomy 22:27 where no one hears the woman screaming when she is being raped.

Finally...............................

14) Does the Bible agree with the original & self-appointed "faithful slave's" teaching in 1931 which says that Christians have to witness for Jehovah?

All of the Christian Greek scriptures tell Christians to witness for Christ - not for God:

(Matthew 10:18) And you will be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them and the nations.

(Mark 13:9) “....you will be beaten in synagogues and be put on the stand before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them.

(Luke 24:47, 48) and on the basis of his (Jesus') name, repentance for forgiveness of sins would be preached in all the nations—starting out from Jerusalem. You are to be witnesses of these things.

(Acts 1:8) .....and you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the most distant part of the earth.”

(John 1:15) (John bore witness about him, (Jesus)

(John 5:37) And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me.

(John 8:18) I am the one who bears witness about myself, and the Father..bears witness about me.”

(John 15:26, 27) the spirit of the truth...will bear witness about me; and you, in turn, are to bear witness....

(Acts 10:39) And we are witnesses of all the things he did.......

(Acts 10:43) To him (Jesus) all the prophets bear witness....

(Acts 13:31) .......These are now his witnesses to the people.

(Acts 22:15) because you are to be a witness for him (Jesus) to all men......

(Acts 22:20) and when the blood of Stephen your witness [Jesus'] was being spilled....

(Acts 23:11) ....you have been giving a thorough witness about me in Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness in Rome.”

(Acts 26:16) .......as a servant and a witness both of things you have seen and things I will make you see respecting me.

(1 Corinthians 1:6) ...just as the witness about the Christ has been made firm among you,

(1 Timothy 2:6, 7) ...this is what is to be witnessed to in its own due time. For the purpose of this witness I was appointed a preacher and an apostle...............

(2 Timothy 1:8) So do not become ashamed either of the witness about our Lord or of me.....

(1 John 5:9) Because this is the witness God gives, the witness that he has given about his Son.

(Revelation 1:9) ...was on the island called Patʹmos for......bearing witness concerning Jesus.

(Revelation 12:17) ....have the work of bearing witness concerning Jesus.

(Revelation 17:6) ......and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus.

(Revelation 19:10) ...who have the work of witnessing concerning Jesus. Worship God! For the witness concerning Jesus is what inspires prophecy.”

(Revelation 20:4) Yes, I saw the souls of those executed for the witness they gave about Jesus......

Christians were to witness for Christ. There is not one single verse in the Christian Greek scriptures which commands Christians to witness for God. Christ Jesus was assigned to be God's appointed witness:

(Revelation 1:5) "....Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,”

(Revelation 3:14) "....the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God:"

(Revelation 19:11) "And the one seated on it is called Faithful and True,.."

The following verses clearly demonstrate to Christians that they were to rely on Christ's name for all things - because he was their mediator for all things. (1 Tim. 2:5) Christians were never to do anything in/for God's name.

(Isa. 62:2) And you will be called by a new name, [Christians] which Jehovah’s own mouth will designate. (see Acts 11:26)

(Matthew 10:22) And you will be hated by all people on account of my name,......

(Matthew 18:20) For where there are two or three gathered together in my name,....

(Matthew 19:29) .......for the sake of my name......will inherit everlasting life.

(Matthew 24:9) .......and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name.

(Luke 10:17) “Lord, even the demons are made subject to us by the use of your name.”

(Luke 21:12) You will be brought before kings and governors for the sake of my name.

(Luke 21:16, 17) .......and you will be hated by all people because of my name. (John 2:23) .....many people put their faith in his (Jesus') name........

(John 5:27, 28) ..the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice..

(John 14:26) But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name,

(John 15:16) ......so that no matter what you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

(Acts 2:38) Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ

(Acts 3:6) In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, walk!”

(Acts 4:10) .....in the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene,

(Acts 9:14-16) .....all those calling on your name.....For I will show him plainly how many things he must suffer for my name.”

(Acts 10:48) With that he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

(Acts 11:26) ..it was first in Antioch that the disciples were by divine providence called Christians.

(Acts 16:18) “I order you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.”

(Acts 19:5) On hearing this, they got baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

(Acts 22:16) Rise, get baptized, and wash your sins away by your calling on his name.’

(1 Corinthians 6:11) ....you have been declared righteous in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

(2 Corinthians 5:15) ......should live no longer for themselves, but for him who died for them . . .

(Ephesians 1:7) By means of him we have the release by ransom through the blood of that one, yes, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his undeserved kindness.

(Philippians 2:10) so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend

(Hebrews 13:15) Through him (Jesus) let us always offer to God a sacrifice of praise, that is, the fruit of our lips that make public declaration to his (Jesus') name. (see 27 "witness" scriptures)

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

Thank you for posting this. Very good points. I am bookmarking for future reference with my PIMI spouse.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

marking

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thank you for sharing this finr research!

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Oh looks like someone took all that "read the bible daily" stuff to heart.

Reminds me of when I was first waking up...

Thanks for sharing!

I wonder what would happen if this were printed up, sans the commentary just so none claims apostate ideas there, and left under each chair at jw meetings.. Or posted on the information board.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

@ Roboto - Avidly studying the literature was what I did - not the Bible, but when I received a very dismissive reply from the Britain Branch when I questioned a "teaching," (one of the above) I was so shocked by their literature-based response that it pushed me into scripturally examining and researching other topics.

I am truly grateful for the WT CD ROM. It's absolutely the best thing the org ever produced!

It made researching a pleasure rather than a chore. (and a rod for their back)

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Thank you for these solid and concise points, @The Fall Guy! Hope you don't mind - I've saved this as a Word doc for future reference. Really well done.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

So glad if anything here helps someone, WMUBYJH :)

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Thanks again. This should be a PDF to download on JWfacts.com.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

p.s.

w69 3/15 p. 166 Why It Is Wise to Examine Your Religion - "We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization with which we may be associated. Are its teachings in full harmony with God’s Word, or are they based on the traditions of men? If we are lovers of the truth, there is nothing to fear from such an examination."

Wise words from the "slave." :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit