Watchtower : 1917's Finished Mystery : " A powerful commentary"

by AwakenedAndFree 25 Replies latest jw friends

• exjwpaul
    exjwpaul

Hi Guys

The Quote about Pastor Russell's Hemorrhoids:

"..... and for twenty-five years had such distressing hemorrids that it was impossible for him to rest in the easiest of chairs; ......." page 57, 2nd paragraph, 8th sentance down. (The Finished Mystery 1917, 168,000 ed)

LOL..... Still find that funny that they would think that's such an important fact to know about him, that they would put it in print.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Thanks, Paul. That quote is a gem.

Undoubtedly, Pastor Russell's hemmoroids prefigured the modern day Governing Body. Just think of the parallels. They cause great pain to many. They dwell among shit. They pop out of an asshole. No one wants to have one around.

• RR
    RR

<< I never read the finnished mystery book tho. I don't think any other religion attempted to explain revelation like they did . >>

I too believe it is a silly book, although some parts of Ezekiel in regards the temple are interesting. The Revelation part for the most is sheer lunacy. I have NEVER met another group as self-righteous, self-absorbed as the JEhovah's WItnesses, who see themselves in every prophetic book of the Bible, as if the b ook was written for no other person BUT them.

I remember when the Climax book came out, I had to laugh at all the references it made to the Society, their conventions, resolutions, imprisonment, etc.

RR

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I love this howler!!

When the Apostle James says, "The tongue is a world of iniquity," he does not mean that we have inside our jaws a little planet that turns over every twenty-four hours, that has spring, summer, fall, winter, snowstorms, rainstorms, and a moon revolving about it, with once in a while a comet and a shower of meteors thrown in for good measure. (p. 92)

Leolaia

• minimus
    minimus

The context of that quote revolves around Rev.3:14 "And [unto] BY the angel"....referring to the "special messenger---Charles T.Russell".....They viewed him as the "angel"....who had hemorrhoids..........................

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

WOW! Thank you all who replied to this thread!

The light is indeed getting brighter to me each day as I realize the Watchtower Society created a religion of their own, by using the Bible as base or a starting point ; twisting Scriptures to their own design and as well implementing disconcerted views that are unscriptural! I consider the Watcthtower Society honorably and doctrinally UNCLEAN!

AAF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit