Watchtower : 1917's Finished Mystery : " A powerful commentary"

by AwakenedAndFree 25 Replies latest jw friends

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

Hi,

I am reading Revelation It's Grand Climax At Hand! published by The Watchtower Society and found these observations on page 165:

"Similarly, Christendom's leaders defied the Bible Students, saying that these had never graduated from theological colleges. But God's witnesses had higher credentials as ministers: those meek persons who heeded their Scriptural message. ( 2 Corinthians 3:2,3) In 1917 the Bible Students published The Finished Mystery, a powerful commentary on Revelation and Ezekiel."

AAF

• shotgun
    shotgun

It caused a powerful movement to be made...guess where...and don't forget to flush.

• Room 215
    Room 215

That's right, Awakened...

I remember that statement quite well; it's a glaring example of how WT writers cynically rely on the collective ignorance of the flock. I wager that not one out of 1000 current-day JWs has seen the book, much less read it. For those who have, few will argue that ``sheer lunacy" is not an appropriate description of its contents.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Another of my favorites is the reverence that they feel for the ground-breaking talk and booklet entitled, "Millions now living will never die".

The dubs lap this up, as if the old talk was way ahead of its time in revealing modern Witness theology. In reality, the stupid old booklet was based on the idea that Armageddon was sure to come in 1925, when the saints would again walk the earth.

These are just a few examples of their revisionary "history".

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Amazing considering 99% of what that book teaches is now considered apostate.

• heathen
    heathen

I read that one as well . I thought it interesting how they attempt to explain all the symbolism in revelation . I never read the finnished mystery book tho. I don't think any other religion attempted to explain revelation like they did .

• fran
    fran

"A powerful COMEDY",

RUTHERFRAUD was a dope,angels and Russell talking to his brain,LEVIATHEN???

"Someone asked me the other day;Suppose you shaould be here in 1925 what would you do?I said;I beleive I will be home in the Pleides before then.!(WT Nov1 1920)

1925."there will be no slip up.Abraham should enter upon his actual possession of his promised inherirance in the year 1925AD (WT Oct 15 1917).

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Sorry, I deleted this post because the link I'd recommended no loger seems to work.

Nic'

• exjwpaul
    exjwpaul

The funny thing about this book is that it even links Pastor Russell's problems with hemeroids with a verse in Revelation. To stupid to be true?... well seek and ye shall find, it's in there I swear!!!

• logansrun
    logansrun

"Millions Now Living Will Never Die"?

Nope. They're all dead.

Bradley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit