JWs at Culture Fest

by peacefulpete 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TD
    TD

^^What Joe said^^

The JW's have gained admittance under false pretenses

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

The administrators of this campus should be notified ASAP of this cultporation and its motives. They should be FULLY AWARE that WT is AGAINST higher education. So, they should after making arrangements inform them that they are no longer permitted to have a booth or cart anywhere on the premises. What the Borg is preaching against the existence of these campuses in the first place!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

While some of these suggestions might offer some satisfaction, they are not really the nature of argument I was planning. For me, the issue is the use of a public school campus for third party religious proselytism of any kind.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

OK, heard back. I was told my 'church' was not qualified to participate because the guidelines prohibit overtly religious activity. Here are the rules:

Any proposed activity/display cannot serve as an overt political, religious, or propaganda platform and proselytizing is prohibited. Religious affiliated groups and individuals can provide information about international, domestic, ethnic, social justice, and charitable connections. Again, the purpose of this document is to promote and ensure the multicultural and inclusive spirit of the event so as to foster a celebration of harmony and respect for the diversity of the community.

I'm guessing they are pretending to be a charity or teach English. The director said he would investigate, and if they are proselytizing they will not be invited back.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Good job, peaceful Pete! 👍🏻😀👏🏻

• JeffT
    JeffT

The State university

This. It's public property and keeping people off it is very difficult (as in I'm surprised they can do it at all). Apparently the school will let religions set up booths for non-religious purposes. As we know the WTBS will cheerfully lie about what it's doing.

I'd tell the administrative people there to ask if the JW's manning the booth are allowed to count the time toward their proselytizing quota for the month. Make him get it in writing. If they want to lie about it you can't stop them, but you can make them know you know/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit