JWs at Culture Fest

by peacefulpete 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The State university where we live has cultural festivals educating the public about art, food and music of the minorities in the community. It is also an opportunity for some to generate a little income selling their wares and food. The JWs have successfully put up a booth right in the campus building and used it to actively proselytize and distribute literature. It is my objective opinion this is inappropriate. I fear the university is gun shy about limiting access to the campus given the political environment. I've given it some thought but felt this community might have a good approach to make with the oversight board. Then again maybe you feel it is appropriate, go ahead and explain.

They are targeting the Hmong community specifically but not exclusively. One of the JWs was wearing a Hmong costume. They had a spin wheel for candy and prizes. All very carnival-like.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Marshfield Cultural Fair

See the video at the center of the page. The opening pic is of the JW booth.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

When you see them at their booth, have a group of ex Jw's ask some thought provoking questions. And watch them run! Trust me they can't handle it.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

they set up at local flea markets here

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I called and said I wanted to have my church booth as well, they said they'd call me back.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Tacky and insidious.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I had not heard of the Hmong people, so I googled it . I know now, thank You.

Any excuse to get a an foothold, eh? What is that spinning wheel , with the logo “spin to win” .... The JW stance that I know forbids the calling on good luck or the spirit of competition... No standards these days.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Fooled no more, what questions do you suggest? 🤭

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I would call that campus and make a complaint. About a group that actively discouraged higher education, and yet has no problem making full use of the facilities and the opportunity that university camps affords.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Biahi- Questions to ask?

What is Jw's position on sexual Child abuse and reporting it once the crime is done?

What is Jw's position on human rights Violations when it comes to shunning?

What is your position when non medical experts are giving orders on your care when come to life?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit