Is the WT right that the Lamb's marriage is after Armageddon?

by Kosonen 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

The WT org claims that the Lamb's marriage will happen after Armageddon, despite the fact that Revelation 19 very clearly says that the Lamb's marriage happens after the destruction of Babylon the Great. And that after the Lamb's marriage he with heavenly armies will go to destroy the wicked.

The WT claims that the order of events in Revelation 19 is not really in that order referring to Psalm 45. But I can't find in Psalm 45 any explicit contradiction to Revelation 19.

Paragraph 10 in the following article shows the WT org's view point:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2014123#h=1:0-27:701

By the way, the WT has also completely misunderstood what Babylon the Great represents. You are welcome to visit my website where I try to explain these things.

The latest article there is about Revelation 19.

https://www.comejesus.net/comments-to-revelation-19

• waton
    waton

According to wt writers, the "bride" has been arriving in her heavenly quarters since 1918. Some after a long "sleep" (latest wt doctrine has it that most will be on hold in the hotel for up to 160 years) .

Others going instantly from being part of the F&D Slave class ( now just partakers) to immortal fiancees in waiting.

Wt now has that 'extended 1918 resurrection event' finishing at the start of the great tribulation, by then, all partakers will be gone upward, becoming immortal.

Will this truly invincible army of 144 001 warriors be married or not? a husband and wife or husband and fiancee team?

If the last world war is an indication, couples got married in a hurry before combat, often to make sure the groom had possible offspring. No such concerns for immortals in heaven. But be that as it may:

The real killer of wt doctrine in this prophetic metaphor is their "anointed generation" spiel.

Jesus said the generation will only pass away, go to heaven, after all has happened. Jesus' generation are earthly "armageddon" survivors. In contrast, the wt generation of 1914 are the new recruits of the immortal combatants. so: there are 3 choices,

An engaged couple fighting the enemy,

a married couple fighting or

a couple, 1444 000 and one groom getting married after the battle. The answer my friend is written in the wind.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

If the book of Revelation is inspired by YHWH God (hypothetically speaking) does it even matter if people know in advance the timing of the Lamb's marriage? In other words, is there is any benefit for any humans to know such a detail, other than satisfying some curiosity?

People are welcome to contemplate it and to debate it, but lately I have lost much interest in trying to figure out fine (that is, precise) details of Bible and the Apocrypha. Lately I have also lost a lot of interest in even learning particulars of the messages of the Bible and the Apocrypha. I have even lost much interest in a general study of the Bible and the Apocrypha - and in debating various interpretations (or understandings) of the Bible and the Apocrypha. Regarding study of the Bible and of theology, I have returned to my degree of interest of studying them to that which I had when I was 10 or 8 years old. Or, maybe right now it is even less than when I was those ages, since when I was 8 to 10 years old I at least believed in the Bible and in the biblical God (and I became enrolled in the theocratic ministry school at age 8), whereas now I am an atheist and a naturalist.

For me, a large part of that is because I am a scientific naturalist and I thus have a much greater interest in matters which are testable and/or readily observable (such as efforts by NASA to send people to the moon and to Mars, and efforts to discover evidence of possible past life and possible present life on Mars and elsewhere beyond Earth). I am also more interested in learning knowledge which has the potential to benefit me in definite practical ways, such as financially and in regards to health. I now have very meager interest in debating, or discussing, theology with people. But I wish you folks well.

Revelation is a very hard book to accurately and fully understand, even if hypothetically speaking it is true. Those of you who wish to study it, may you enjoy doing so. But, I no longer take the book of Revelation seriously.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Kosenen:

By the way, the WT has also completely misunderstood what Babylon the Great represents. You are welcome to visit my website where I try to explain these things.

As have you. 🤦‍♂️

• waton
    waton
    is there is any benefit for any humans to know such a detail, other than satisfying some curiosity?

Disillusioned JW: Of course we do not know, , but it is beneficial to rub these details and their ramifications in on those still hanging on to the illusion of wt being relevant.

so imagine a bride going into battle with her fiancee, or marrying before the combat starts. or even leaving all the fighting to the lesser angels, and marry when the melee is over, all in various wt or scriptural teachings. now:

if only there really were talking snakes & asses.

• waton
    waton

Kosonen:

wt believes in a second fulfillment of Math 24, 25.

Jesus said that the generation would only pass away after the end, aka armageddon. so: according to that angle, the marriage can only happen with the full bride up there. during the cleanup here on Earth. but ' wt also says, that

the generation of anointed dies and goes to heaven before The GT gets serious, Babylon tG is attacked, so they could get married anytime after. If the great crowd are the brides maids, that can only happen after Ar ma geddon, because wt teaches that the GC, comes out of the GT, which has not happened yet, so the Great Crows does not officially exist yet. their fudging that notwithstanding.

For these 2 reasons, wt has to conclude that the wedding is later rather then hurried.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Thanks you all for your comments, I see that some of you are not interested in understanding the Bible. But for those who are check again my webpage. I added a new page about Revelation 21.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

D JW - I am certain there was no previous life on Mars because there are no personal storage units.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

ThomasMore, huh? When I wrote of possible past life on Mars I meant that Mars in the distant past (when there was ample liquid water on Mars) might have had microbial life.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    I see that some of you are not interested in understanding the Bible.

Likely best that we spend our time trying to understand something that is pertinent to today, or at least in this century/millennium.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit