Where did Jehovah go ?

by Deleteandrestart 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Deleteandrestart
    Deleteandrestart

For the many years I was mentally " in " the congregation, I equated the organisation as interchangeable with the persona of Jehovah, in effect whatever the organisation said or thought, that was what Jehovah thought and that was what Jehovah said.... It was that simple.

So when I found out the TTATT and the cynical moves of the organisation over the years,including 1975 , the donation arrangements, the United Nations, etc I was devastated and thought " where's Jehovah in all of this?"

The God who I'd poured my heart out to on many occasions and who I thought was silently listening and hearing my pleas ..... Was not there ,

I found that people had hijacked the idea of God to control other people .

if there was a God he would not back this organisation because of what it's doing to people, otherwise he would be as culpable as they are .

So the kind God who would listen to you and the wise God who always knew best was vacant.

The point is where did this leave my belief system and my hopes.... Basically in ruins, and furthermore it's left a kind of scorched earth scene behind it , where if you can't rely on the one true God then nothing else will cut it .

Result .... Like many I suspect on here , a life full of unanswered questions and uncertainty, a hollow feeling, that you could at one time fix by praying to Jehovah, an annoying confusion that you once had all the answers and now you know you didn't really have any, it was all just an illusion and the reality of it all has left you confounded and alone,

all I can do is try to Delete and restart ,

How do some of you cope with the reality of once having everything and now left alone and having to rebuild?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Deleteandrestart,

I felt exactly the same way. They involve Jehovah so much in our lives that you do think of Jehovah as being your friend. Especially does the book "Draw Close to Jehovah" make this so. And then afterwards you learn JWs are a cult. And then begin the questions, you pour your heart out to God in earnest prayer but he wasn't listening. Why would God allow me to get mixed up in a cult? Where was he when I needed him the most?

After I left the witnesses, I discovered it's OK not to have all the answers because as long as I have the freedom to look for them, I'm fine with that. It does relieve a huge burden for me.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol
    ......he`s on the lav.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

How do some of you cope with the reality of once having everything and now left alone and having to rebuild?

You are the architect of your life. Building your life plan is probably a good idea. You can start by looking at who you are and what you wish to accomplish. Do you have any goals? What skills do you possess? What skills would you like to develop? What are you good at doing? What do you enjoy doing? Sometimes these are tough questions to answer and may take some time to figure out.

One question that may help get you started is: If you had unlimited amounts of money, what would you do with it? Or ...When you come to the end of your life and look back, what do you wish you had done that you are not doing now? There are so many things in this world that need doing. Perhaps look upon this new chapter as an exciting adventure.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I can no longer believe in anything that requires having faith. The Bible's description of faith as being the firm expectation of realities that cannot be seen is an oxymoron. It is as stupid as Stephen Lett's claim that there's more evidence that Chris has been in power for the last 100 years than for the existence of electricity, gravity and wind. I'm at peace with the fact that I will grow old and die like every other human that ever lived and I no longer have to slave for anything or anyone in the hope of attaining an afterlife. Sadly I came to that realization after I turned 50 years old. Still every minute of living life free from the cult is better than the 50 years of group conformity for the sake being united in the "true worship" of a non existant deity. Even worse if he exists, this diety is the epitome of cruelty if he can watch what goes on in this world without raising his almighty finger to help.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

I saw someone on this forum mention Jehovah as the invisible cult leader and it has stuck with me. As a cult leader he becomes whatever you want him to be.

(of course you can't get to Jehovah except through them - they invented him!)

It reminds me of a bad con job you might see in Hollywood. A guy walks up to a girl and says he knows Brad Pitt and if she is lucky he will put in a good word for her.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great opening post!

The reality is, rather than just accepting a set of prescribed beliefs or teachings from a group such as the society, we need to use our own logical minds to formulate our personal beliefs....

It is not a one size fits all....

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Hi deleteandreset-

You cope by not thinking about what you've lost, but rather, what you 've gained. You're free now. Free to be the person you were meant tobe, without the constrictions of worrying about whether or not what you're doing meets the approval of the organization, and by extension, Jehovah.

Figuring out what that is may be easier said than done, but at least you can do so without guilt or judgment.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Did you check behind the fridge or down the back of the sofa?

• TheLiberator
    TheLiberator

2 Corinthians: 13:5: "Test your own selves, whether you are in the faith. Test your own selves. Or don't you know as to your own selves, that Jesus Christ is in you?--unless indeed you are disqualified."

When you leave the organization, it becomes a huge test. Did you really have faith in God and his word? Or was your faith really in the organization?

Many have found, (and you can almost point these individuals out) , that there faith was misplaced. There basis for faith was "the worldwide brotherhood", "preaching work", "evidence of last days", "unity", among other Watchtower "visible" nonsense.

As one person said, the Watchtower screams day and night. But the Bible sits alone quietly on the shelf. So easy to ignore. For me personally, it truly was a test. It takes time and patience. But it allowed me to study and reflect deeply. No matter what subject I studied online however, one thing would not go away. It was this:

Isaiah: 30:21: "and when you turn to the right hand, and when you turn to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way. Walk in it."

I could not ignore that voice. Rather than abandoning me, I learned that Yahweh is NOT my friend. Rather, Jesus revealed the father. I am his child. (The Watchtower tried to deny this relationship). That relationship changes everything. I never call him by name. At least when I'm directing my prayers to him.

Also, in the Watchtower, you never knew Christ. They didn't want you to give him too much attention. But now Christ is EVERYTHING. Mark: 9:7: "A cloud came, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud, "This is my beloved Son. Listen to him." Also, Philippians: 2:10: "that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, those on earth, and those under the earth..."

By allowing Christ in my life, and learning my true relationship with God, I have moved on from turmoil to a true peace of mind. I have never experienced Christ's words until now. Matthew: 11: 28-30: "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart; and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

So, where is Yahweh?

Acts: 17. 27: "that they should seek the Lord, if perhaps they might reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit