What do you prefer?

by SheilaM 46 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I enjoy seeing peoples faces. So finally I have placed my pic in the little box. It will take time to get use to it as I am always happy with my Orangefatcat picture.

Love Orangefatcat. aka. Terry.

• Panda
    Panda

Sheila, Your picture is great. If I could figure out how to post mine I would but in the meantime ... I also like the personality avatars and I wish Czar would start using one of those!

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Sheila - I like your current avatar pic too. I guess go with whatever your mood determines. After all this site is about having some fun. You can always change your avatar if you don't like what pic you upload.

• little witch
    little witch

OrangeFatCat, you handsome devil, you look like you could hug the stuffins' outa someone!

Me first!

• Sassy
    Sassy

I like when I can see a picture, although it doesn't really matter to me. It does help one visualize them as more real. However, many of us do not really want to be 'shown' completely here because of family members, etc. Lately I've been using my real pics but with a pair of sunglasses placed on them... so just slightly in cognito.

• Eric
    Eric

I prefer when people have there own pic up, I think I can tell which ones might obviously be fake, either that or we know some modelling type geeeorgeous people here on JWD. Of cousrse, due to the nature of this board and some people's situation, an actual picture is out of the question.

I never thought of what my avatar says about me, it's a picture that fills me with a really great memory about my life. I am at the beginning of a very long cross-country trip in that picture, the potential is there, right there with me as I start to roll the first metre of 13,000 kilometres for a great adventure, or a great disaster.

As it turned out, every single roll-of-the-dice I could imagine for my journey resulted in an overwhelmingly positive outcome. Some of the amazing coincidences I experienced on my trip beggar belief. The trip of a lifetime that continues to affect me now, months later. I'm been compelled to review and rewrite why I do things this way, not that way, why I want the things I want.

If I were to look at my avatar from the point of view of a reader, now what would I see? Hmm, possibly: "Here I am the real me up front. Of course, I'm hiding here under a full-face helmet with a mirrored faceshield."

And I guess that says something about me as well. Hadn't thought of it that way before.

Eric

p.s. And Sheila, don't change your avatar on my account. You look great!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hmmm good question I've been playing around with mine lately. Your post reminded me to change it again.

<-------- me about 20 years ago just before I left the dubs

I have to wonder how much seeing a real face affects how we interact with another person. Although I connect better to real pictures I know I identify people by thier avatar before looking at the name

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Wow thanks you all I was shocked at the amount of replies. I really appreciate the input, Thunder wasn't real thrilled with my new avatar since my hair was in a pony tail and I had a baseball cap on and no makeup<blush> but I thought it was me ya know.

I do like the picture avatars but then I like the other one too. Like BigTex that is sooooo him. I loved Stacy's spank me one LOL but I guess it didn't last long. The beer wench with whip really isn't an aspect of me but in a funny way she looks like me LOL

I do love knowing why you choose what you choose and the story behind it.

Little Witch ERRRRRRRRRR if you insult yourself one more time ERRRRRRRRRRR you are a sweetie a tenacious sweetie though

Thanks again

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Well Sheila, I happen to like this avatar. (Sorry Chris!)

• little witch
    little witch

Tenacious, me? LOL

You do note my avitar, child and pitbull?

If I were on a Chinese Menu, I am just sure I would be something "sweet and sour".

Now...back to my beer, Bwaaaahaaaahaaaa!!!!

Oh, and Thunder, what is wrong with natural beauty and ponytails, HMMMM? LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit