2024-05-May-S-147-Dress-and-Grooming-Announcements!

by Atlantis 22 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I'll say this about JW attire "rules".............

Even as a child, I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that an Almighty, all powerful God actually gave a shit what you wore to worship him. Also, why were we mimicking the world by dressing to the nines in "business attire" like it's the 1950's? Ahhhhh! But you see, to the JW leadership it still WAS the 1950's. That's where GB 1.0's heads were stuck, the 1940's and 50's. Even my late parents (born 1947, 1952) were into that; living like it was "Leave it to Beaver." It was horrible.

Today, having to redo and clarify these Pharasitical "rules" about dress and grooming is ridiculous, and only serves to prove the point that they're a micro-managing, iron-fisted, CULT.

No child wants to dress up in a monkey suit in 90 F heat to go knocking on doors on a Saturday. I know I sure didn't. I hated every single second of the farce. Complete waste of time and youth.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Local custom! I live in cattle country so cowboy boots, western shirt, bolo tie, cowboy hat? Can Mexicans wear embroidered Sombrero and mariachi (tight pants) suits? Traditional South sea Island wear is the grass skirt for men and topless for women. Take that you boob obsessed GB.

I've been looking for a proper kilt which has to be the right tartan; a stretch to find as I'm not scotch Irish. And begorra nae tan utility kilts.

This is fun and remember you apologists; we are laughing at you not with you

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Local custom.

Just another way of having it both ways.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

While attempting to relax the code they are now having to make more rules …

I wonder why the detailed info was to elders only , not those who have to decide what to wear ? Passing the buck ?

It is all too silly for words.

• jhine
    jhine

Wing Commander I'm with you .

I seem to remember someone in the Bible saying something like it's not what's on the outside it's what's on the inside that God judges .

Now who was that? Mmm .

Jan from Tam

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Relaxing the code and having to make more rules hey?

Another example of "unintended consequences".

And the Borganization fall flat on their faces again.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I recall a brutha telling the service group that in the new system, we would wear no clothes. One counsel sandwich later, he stopped spooking the sisters with that visual - yeah he was nothing special to look at believe me.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Jeffrey Winder on new GB update #3 today. They do not like to lose control.

George

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Update 3. They created the situation with overblown rules. Add the stunted intellectual development of most withesses. Beach wear etc does not play into it at all.

I had to look up aloha shirt etc. BTW their 100 years ago picture is more like 200. 1920s suits and skirts are very similar to now

• Listener
    Listener

Here's a copy of what Winder/Watchtower claims to be the dress of 100 years ago in Update No. 3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit