2019 Elders Manual and a Whole Lot More!

by Atlantis 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

From the announcements and reminders.

2. Guidance of God Brochure: The brochure The Guidance of God—Our Way to Paradise has been discontinued, and any remaining stock should be discarded. Publishers may instead make use of the brochure Real Faith—Your Key to a Happy Life.

The Guidance brochure (published in 1998) was aimed directly at Muslims and contained frequent references to Islam and the Quran. As far as I can make out the Real Faith (2010) brochure makes no explicit reference to Islam. Is there any reason Watchtower is disposing of their Islam-focussed literature and replacing it with a generic brochure?

We can read the discsrded brochure here.

http://www.watchtowerwayback.org/jw-wb/English/Brochures/1998-2006%20Our%20guidance%20of%20God-Our%20way%20to%20paradise%20(2006%20edition).pdf

Thank you Atlantis!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

On another thread Sir82 said,

Don't worry, before sunset there will be about a thousand sites with copies available for download.

Amazing. Available for all to download on the very day of it's release!

I'm thinking that to get this scanned, every page, and posted, someone had to have had it in their possession long enough to do the work ahead of time. It's as if the leakers are one step ahead of the Organization!

• sir82
    sir82

I'm thinking that to get this scanned, every page, and posted, someone had to have had it in their possession

long enough to do the work ahead of time.

No, it's available in PDF and EPub on the jw,borg site. You just needed one elder to download it, save it, and link to it. No scanning required.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Wow man, brilliant but watch your back!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    Is there any reason Watchtower is disposing of their Islam-focussed literature and replacing it with a generic brochure?

Yes, they mentioned it in a letter a few years ago. They said Muslims are more likely to outright reject anything that seems critical of Islam, so it's better to witness subtly.

Hmmm. A repressive, high control religion that forbids its' members from reading anything that's critical about it. Sound familiar?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Slidin Fast:

It's ok Slidin, the Watchtower has wanted my head on a silver platter for over 35 years. They don't exactly know who to go after. I have 14 different names.

I am known as "The Scanner" in Germany and Denmark, I am known as "The Ghost" in Switzerland.

I am the oldest member of the "Underground Network" and the others are young whipper snappers compared to me. (Elders that want to leave but stay to keep peace in their families.)

Petra and Vulcan travel a lot and use my name at different ip addresses, so the Watchtower doesn't actually know where I am.

And I really don't think they care, and neither do I.

It is usually "websites" and "youtube" posters that make the Watchtower mad because they bring more attention.

Going after an old-timer like me almost 70 years old will bring no honor to the Watchtower.

It would only show the general public what fools the governing body really are.

But we already knew that....right?

Syklopps!

• under the radar
    under the radar

Thank you, Atlantis! Your hard work and courage in providing access to "secret" WT documents is very much appreciated.

Kudos to you, my friend!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

“They seek him here, they seek him there
    Those Geebies seek him everywhere
    Is he in heaven or is he in hell?
    That damned elusive Atlantinell”

• fulano
    fulano

What is that Korea thing??

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Atlantis, when I got ready to leave for work I saw that they released a new Shepherd, and when I got home after work just now, I found you already got us covered. You're the best, man

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit