My Complicated Life.

by Englishman 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

It's pouring with rain, so it looks as though I shan't be earning a crust today. Her Ladyship is on the early train to London to attend some sort of training course. I'm sat here with the day yawning wetly in front of me.

What to do?

Hmm. Big decisions to be made. It looks like it's going to be a trip to the cafe in Tesco's for a spot of English breakfast. First decision, shall I go for 6 items (£1.49) or 11 (£2.49)?

I suppose if I went for the 11 that would keep me going all day. 2 eggs, bacon, black pudding, mushrooms, hash browns, beans, sausage, fried bread, tomatoes, toast. Doesn't seem that much.

Damn, tea or coffee?

Decisions, decisions. Why does life have to be so complicated?

Englishman.

• Simon
    Simon
    black pudding

Urgh !! ... go for the 10 items ...

• AlanF
    AlanF

Decisions, decisions is right. I now have to decide whether to go to bed like a good boy, or stay up reading this silly board.

AlanF

• Simon
    Simon

Hang on a minute:

2 eggs, bacon, black pudding, mushrooms, hash browns, beans, sausage, fried bread, tomatoes, toast

How is that '11' ?!? Isn't it 10?

1. 2 eggs
    2. bacon
    3. black pudding
    4. mushrooms
    5. hash browns
    6. beans
    7. sausage
    8. fried bread
    9. tomatoes
    10. toast

See. If they are counting each egg, then why not each mushroom, hash-brown, bean and tomato? It may turn out to be a 138 piece breakfast.

We need to analyse this ...

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    I suppose if I went for the 11 that would keep me going all day. 2 eggs, bacon, black pudding, mushrooms, hash browns, beans, sausage, fried bread, tomatoes, toast.

Scratch the black pudding and substitue grits. Now, that would be worth it

• AlanF
    AlanF

Simon, you need to go back to bed for awhile.

AlanF

• Sirona
    Sirona

Englishman,

Decisions, decisions. Why does life have to be so complicated?

No offense, but I'm sure most people would be ecstatic to have their hardest decision of the day be about whether to have eggs or not....

Sirona

PS. Have the 11 piece. There, I've made the decision for you.

• Duncan
    Duncan

Hi Mike.

Some days you earn a crust. Some days you just stare out the window at the rain, while chewing on your crust.

Enjoy.

Duncan.

• anglise
    anglise

Hi Eman

but just think what you can do with the house to yourself.

Wrap all the xmas pressies

Make mince pies

Write the xmas cards

Watch grey time TV (and no one will know)

Take up tatting

Have a nice day now

Anglise

• Englishman
    Englishman

My day has suddenly taken a turn that's got me really excited!

Remember last moths final commercial flight by Concorde? Well, Concorde was built in Filton, Bristol just a few miles up the road. The last Concorde has been earmarked for the local flight museum, and she's coming back to Bristol in 30 minutes. The last-ever flight of this beautiful Lady.

Better yet, Radio Bristol has just announced that she will put on a little show over Portishead, Clevedon and Weston super Mare before making her very last landing at Bristol. Low fly-over plus a burst of the after-burners for posterity.

alt

So! I'm off to walk to the beach to get the best possible view. Now, where's my brolly?

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit