Does anyone else get “triggered” when somebody uses the word “triggered”?

by slimboyfat 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What’s the world coming to? (I guess this makes me officially an older while male now )

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I do. It is a ridiculous term that is overused.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

I am now !

Thanks alot

I was triggered when I read triggered twice...

It's now irreversible..

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i was married to one of these things many years ago.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

What triggers me is when someone abuses the term: "At the end of the day..."

• longgone
    longgone

I agree with truth_b _known. If something happens that is upsetting or brings back an unpleasant memory, there are countless way to express it other than saying …the annoying word in the title. 😉

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Does anyone else get "triggered" when somebody uses the word "triggered"? - no, I don't.

But it is fun watching people get triggered by all kinds of sh!t.

I like to sit back and watch people get triggered.

Currently, left-leaning media are getting all hot and bothered because Amber Head lost her court case against Johnny Depp. I guess they don't like it because it has totally spoiled their Me Too narrative. <--- that's hilarious!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I have a friend who hates the term, because it is so overused today. I think it's a fad. At the moment, it's a way to get sympathetic attention and make demands on others to stop certain behavior or talk. At some point, the pendulum will swing the other way, and it will be seen as an admission of weakness, and then no one will want to admit being triggered by anything.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don’t actually get “triggered” LUHE, whatever that means, when someone says the word “triggered” - that was meant to be irony. And I realise people have genuinely traumatic experiences but the term is increasingly used in trivial situations. Some young people seem to be constantly upset about something or other … I wish I didn’t start this stupid thread, ha !

• blondie
    blondie

I feel "triggered" means one word can send a person back to the years of their abuse and how that felt. One word, and all that tumbles out. Like pulling the trigger on a gun and all the painful, death-dealing crap comes out at a very high speed. Hard to put the bullet back in the weapon. " "The term "triggered" refers to the experience of having an emotional reaction to a disturbing topic (such as violence or the mention of suicide) in the media or a social setting."https://www.verywellmind.com/what-does-it-mean-to-be-triggered-4175432

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit