Unbaptised Apostates???

by Poztate 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

My experience has been that if you say anything at all perceived as "opposing," they'll label you an apostate whether you were ever baptized or not. Mere "opposers" are those who never were in "the Truth."

I was never baptized, left as soon as I was of age. My mother once said she considered me "worse than an opposer" because I supposedly "knew the Truth" (having been raised right) and chose to leave it. And so many others in the congregation took the same tack that at one point I had to inform a peer that, not only was I NOT disfellowshipped, I'd never even been baptized. He assumed that, because I was being shunned, I was disfellowshipped.

Of course, after years of keeping my mouth shut about JWs (can you see the scars on my tongue from biting it?), I now get treated just like any other old worldly person. I guess my mother thinks I've forgotten all the stuff she taught me, because from time to time she feels it necessary to "explain" her religious beliefs. Perhaps she thinks I inherited the short attention span that the WTS has inculcated in her over the years (and don't ya know, I've gotta be a former JW kid if I use words like "inculcate"!).

Jankyn

• jwbot
    jwbot

I am not baptized, yet labled an apostate. Then I am told I am not technically one, but the label gets thrown around so much! Its like the worst thing to be called by a witness they think, so they call people that to try and hurt them. I am flattered by it actually.

• heathen
    heathen

I think anyone that calls themselves a christian but believes and teaches the wrong ideas such as a trinity and political involvement . I have never called myself a christian even tho I was baptized by the catholic church when I was a babe ( they are considered apostate by the WTBTS) . I only find it interesting to discuss the bible and what it implies . The WTBTS would have you believe that anyone who doesn't accept the WTBTS views as truth is apostate .

• Poztate
    Poztate

This thread was actually a question that my daughter Mysterious raised but since she had run out of posts for the day (talks a lot) I put it up. My thoughts to her were they same as many of you expressed.

Euphemism is correct. I know a number of opposers of JWs who have never been JWs but who are looked on by JWs as apostates

There are rules in the borg and then there are the REAL RULES in the borg.You can never tell just what they will do if they want to push their agenda and try to isolate you.

For myself I took the plunge and I do know the results for me if I publically come out against them.As with many with close family still in I choose to be cautious with what I say and do.

Mysterious on the other hand has not been baptized so she wanted to find out where she stood if she took a more vocal stand against the insanity that is the borg.As you may have guessed from previous posts of hers it is not in her nature to sit quietly back and say nothing when she perceives an injustice being done.Where this will lead her only time will tell.

I want to thank all the posters for their comments on this thread.Both of us appreciate your imput on this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit