Unbaptised Apostates???

by Poztate 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate

Is it possible for one who has never been baptised to be labeled as an apostate? Or is this only applied to baptised publishers??

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Good question. I was raised in the trooth since age 7 and stayed in it thru my teen years but i never was baptised. If I openly and publically voiced my beliefs, would i have been called an apostate? I dunno, but seems quite likely. -- Leolaia

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I would say... technically, no; in practice, yes.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Fun fun fun. More unstated rules by the Watchtower, anyone surprised?

• AlanF
    AlanF

: Is it possible for one who has never been baptised to be labeled as an apostate? Or is this only applied to baptised publishers??

Euphemism is correct. I know a number of opposers of JWs who have never been JWs but who are looked on by JWs as apostates, because their views are similar to those of ex-JW opposers.

Also remember that anyone who is a member of "apostate Christendom" is an apostate, according to the WTS. JWs who argue that this isn't the case need to consider that if no individual member of "Christendom" is an apostate, then the whole collection of them can't be an apostate group.

The JW notion of "apostate" is ridiculous and self-contradictory, as well as destructive of family relationships. It's yet another proof that they're a destructive cult.

AlanF

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

Well, apostate has the connotation of being against the JWs. Therefore, I lable myself as one, even though I was never craptized errr baptized.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Whether consciously or unconsciously, to a JW if you're in an "OPPOSED STATE" -- then you're an "APOSTATE". They almost sound the same, so they MUST mean the same thing, eh?

• Maverick
    Maverick

Alan F and Euphemism are right. I am labeled as one of the biggest apostates in the county, the duds won't even go door to door on my street! My daughter, who was never baptized, is shunned because she lives with me. She is, "The Daughter of an Apostate"! And they try to punish her to get to me. Which just insights me do more things to annoy them! Maverick

• Sirona
    Sirona

Maverick,

I am labeled as one of the biggest apostates in the county, the duds won't even go door to door on my street!

Wow. You should charge your neighbours an annual fee for positively contributing to the street in such a way! You'll probably be increasing the value of their properties aswell (if they're selling they can always say "we've got an ex JW at number xx so even the JWs won't call on you if you buy this house")

Dubs will label anyone - even each other - with whatever derogatory label pops into their little judgemental minds.

Sirona

• little witch
    little witch

Well now, that opens up a whole new can of worms. After all, if a non- witness is an apostate, then they are "mixing" with us when they knock on our doors, are they not?

Oh my, that is a disfellowshipping offense. For the good of the congregation, I should take names down from now on!

The more rules they make, the more they break!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit