E-Harmony Dilemma

by Iamallcool 15 Replies latest social relationships

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Well, I messaged someone on E-Harmony and she messaged me back. I did like her at first and she likes me too. We exchanged more than 10 messages till I find out yesterday that her best friend is a tarot card reader. She said she talks to her every morning on the phone. Part of me wants to forget about her. I have the feeling that I will most likely find someone else instead of sticking with her. I just want to get that off my chest.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

I guess you could learn to read the tarot too - but anyway, everyone you meet will probably have a best friend/confidant that they talk to about you. If they don't have any friends, that's kind of a loser person. You want your girlfriend to have more than just you to talk to, otherwise it's overwhelming.

My other idea is, be real non-committal for a long time when you find someone you like online. :-)

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

There is more than one lady on E-Harmony. Give it a chance. Flipper met his wife on E-Harmony and they are living happily ever after.

• jeanniebeanzz
    jeanniebeanzz

Next you'll be ditching women who play Magic - The Gathering. I happen to love my Earth and Water deck. <.< (j/k)

• just fine
    just fine

Is it because of the tarot card reading part? If so, everyone has their thing, maybe you can be open minded about it. Maybe her friend is a super cool, supportive friend. You aren't marrying this girl, just dating, broaden your horizons, 😀

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

http://www.skeptic.com/downloads/10_Easy_Psychic_Lessons.pdf

Cool article on skeptic.com that will explain what is behind tarot reading and fortune telling.

I am forever fascinated by the power of the placebo effect.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

I read Tarot cards. I think there is a misconception about us. What most Tarot card readers practice is what's called white magick. (yes with a k). It is more about finding light, love and peace. Spells are frowned upon because there is the universal law of three...whatever you do to someone else comes back to you threefold. The cards I read provide guidance and wisdom. However, everyone has free will, so the choices are always with the querant (term for someone I read for.)

Out of curiosity, did she tell you that her friend did a reading on you and her specifically?

• angel.face
    angel.face

Were you hoping to date them both and now you're worried that the tarot cards may get in the way of that? (J/k)

There are plenty of fish in the sea.but it may be a great opportunity to educate yourself about tarot card reading....and besides, didn't they cast lots in the bible? Or look for answers in the casting of stones?

Also, just putting it out there..us, ex JWs come with our own baggage.

• Wayward
    Wayward

1) Her friend is the Tarot card reader, not her. So what's the problem?

2) Demons will not reach out and grab you if you have a relationship with a lady whose best friend reads Tarot cards. Pretty sure.

3) Why so judgmental of who this lady's friends are? Just remember, she could be silently judging YOU for having been a JW or having friends who are into things SHE doesn't like.

4) Demons will not reach out and grab you if you have a relationship with a lady who actually reads Tarot cards. Pretty sure about that too.

I love reading books about the paranormal and have several in the house. I have NEVER had anything 'demonic' happen.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Sounds like you are still processing the residual witness baggage and mindset...

Perhaps it is a bit soon to jump into the dating game?

Next, someone may ask "Toast" glasses and you might freak...or perhaps you may be invited to a birthday party and be presented with cake....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit