What not to say...

by joey jojo 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

If they know your connections with the "truth" by family then why not use JW.Org. if however they have no idea of any connection with JW`s then use terms like the New Testament or Old Testament that gives the impression you are part of christendom.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

yes there are buzz words that get their suspicions, I purposely use them though but the last time I used the buzz words and the over familiar regular jw terms the guy completely cut the conversation short as he suspected I was a former jw, they hate the term The Watchtower Society which I drop as much as possible, plus they also hate evangelical Christians buzz words like "born again, holy spirit,a close personnel relationship with JC etc"

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Depending on who i'm talking to I use Witlesses, Witnesses, Jehovahs Witnesses, The Watchtower.

Under no circumstances do I use the term The Truth and depending on who is using that term to me I will correct them by saying it isn't or question them about that term to make them think about it's usage.

• nevermind
    nevermind

Interesting...come to think of it, it now makes total sense. No wonder a JW friend of mine, while discussing, I would always use the "Watchtower" or "Society" terms, but he never refers to them as such, and instead he uses "our organization." For those of you guys who are more familiar, since when have JWs been wary of using the term "The Watchtower (Society)?"

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

In the mid 1990s when I was most active we used to talk about "the Society" all the time. Then there was an article telling us to stop using the term (around 1999?) so we did.

Phrases like "the Watchtower organisation" have always been borderline opposer/apostate as far as I know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit