What not to say...

by joey jojo 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I was talking about ' the truth' and he suggested I sounded like an apostate because I used terms like ' the society' and ' watchtower

If you are raising questions or sounding as if you are pointing our inconsistencies , you'd have to be careful of the tone of voice you are using or your choice of words.

If you used the term "Watchtower" or "The Society" instead of " The Brothers or the Faithful and Discrete Slave", it might sound as if you are starting to view them as a nameless faceless corporation rather than a loving Brotherhood being led by Jehovah.

Using the term "The Truth" while making air quotes with your fingers or a with a certain tone of voice, could tip them off that you're starting to see things that must not be spoken about.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

When I started my "fade" from the JWs I started calling it "the religion".

I purged the term "the truth" from my vocabulary since I consider it to be anything but.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I refuse to call it "the truth" even when it seems natural to. I simply say "your religion" or if they're trying to score points against me i just say "the cult" (they hate that, usually they get enraged).

• under the radar
    under the radar

When I want make my point come across crystal clear, I refer to ze Organizaaaaation in the best Gestapo voice I can muster. (Think old World War II movies.)

And pale.emperor is right. They practically explode with rage if I dare use the word "cult."

Pretty ironic, seeing as how the organization has most of the traits that they themselves say defines a cult. See the February 15, 1994 Watchtower articles "Cults - What Are They?" (pages 3-4) and "Are Jehovah's Witnesses a Cult?" (pages 5-7).

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

LHG I always call it "the religion" too.

I think the current acceptable term among themselves is "the organization." Which actually sounds freakier.

what the heck is wrong with "the society"? Is it just outdated, like "new order"?

• pontoon
    pontoon

Joey JoJo-----Just call it the corporation, see how that good that goes over.....

• sir82
    sir82

I was talking about ' the truth' and he suggested I sounded like an apostate because I used terms like ' the society' and ' watchtower '.

You think that's bad - just watch the reaction if you start talking about Jesus!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I always say "the society"

• stillin
    stillin

I notice that some like to refer to correspondence from "The Branch." This makes them feel connected and slightly more in-the-know than common publishers.

• NikL
    NikL

If only I dared to call it what I now know it to be...Bull Sh*t....oh well, gotta keep peace with the wife

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit