We have our own Gert Wilders in Australia

by barry 13 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

The Sydney Branch office of the WT was also warned about the family law act and what it would mean when immature people got married and then wanted out but as we have seen at the ARC the elders of the Branch office were living in fairy land and believed they had no need or responsibility to look into anything not given them by the gb.

• smiddy
    smiddy

FTS,

You source SBS review of Pauline Hansons maiden speech , out of 19 questions she is given a fail of 10 .

On the other hand she is given a plus of 7 ,with 1 debatable and another one as judge for yourself score.

SBS says she got 10 things wrong , however she got 7 things right with i debatable and 1 judge for yourself ,which could be construed as 9 points in her favour as 10 points against her.

Thats almost like a 50/50 score in my book.

I think its indigenious to say she is an ignoramus , and she certainly has captured the support of many who share her concerns.

Does she condemn all muslims ? no of course not ,she is only concerned with the extremist elements in Muslim society, and we need to be more vigilant in screening who comes into Australia.

Do I disagree with that statement no I dont , do I agree with everything Pauline Hanson stands for ? no I dont

And let it be said clear and loud I am for freedom of speech and pauline Hanson has that right to say what she says , whether I agree or disagree with her is irrelevant.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    zeb: The so called 'Family Law Act' has been an unmitigated disaster inflicted on the Australian people by a former Labor Govt. They were warned what it would lead to but the 'feminist'/ new age lobby were too influential to prevent any amendment along the way.

and

The Sydney Branch office of the WT was also warned about the family law act and what it would mean when immature people got married and then wanted out but as we have seen at the ARC the elders of the Branch office were living in fairy land and believed they had no need or responsibility to look into anything not given them by the gb.

I'm rather curious about these statements, so I thought to ask you, if you would care to expand? What is it precisely that you find objectionable?

-------

I've had little to do with the Family Court, except of course, in my own divorce, initiated by my former wife (justified within JW-land on the grounds that I placed her in spiritual jeopardy.).

Essentially, I recall that because it was 'no fault' (not sure if that term is used in Australia) and uncontested, it went through the court with any 'dirty washing' being necessary without adding to the bitterness and name-calling that goes along with leaving JW-land.

---------

Under the prior marriage laws (Before Lionel Murphy's Act) immorality was just about the only grounds for a divorce, and the result was a large number of people continuing to live together with bitterness, or separating without divorce and if entering a new relationship, forced to live together in a de facto arrangement without the 'privileges(?)' associated with the legality (for the relationship) granted by legalised marriage.

In your second post, you seem to suggest that the Aust. Branch Office should have done 'something' about that then new Family laws. I'm not sure, given JW dogma, what they should have/could have done? You posted, "immature people got married and then wanted out" - from my perspective, immature people have always gotten married, and then sought to get out. It's not as if Australia suddenly became unique in this regard.

(Matthew ch. 19 seems to expressly forbid divorce for Christians, however it is unlikely that the text reflects any law-making by Jesus, but is more likely to reflect ongoing changes in the customs of Mediterranean peoples caused by the Emperor Augustus's marriage laws, introduced long before Jesus' public ministry or the writing of the Matthew gospel)

• barry
    barry

We live in interesting times. The other day the Telegraph newspaper has claimed 70 girls of age 9 to 16 of muslim background have been sent overseas to marry cousins to be raped.

A poll conducted showed 49% of Australians want muslim immigration stopped. Amazingly 35% of the leftist Greens wanted immigration stopped. Talking to people I believe the figure is higher more like 70% .

The SBS has no relevance to Australia and let me say Pauline Hansen may in my opinion be wrong on six of her opinions . There are 500 Islamists being watched 24/7 , there are more muslims in ISIS than the Australian army.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit