We have our own Gert Wilders in Australia

by barry 13 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
  • barry
    barry

So what do you Aussies think about the red head maverick?

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Just for clarity... it's spelled Geert Wilders.

• barry
    barry

Thanks redpilltwice i have to improve my Dutch

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

She ain't no Geert Wilders, Barry.

Her hairstyle is sensible.

Look at Wilders - his hair is f**king ridiculous ...

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Pauline Hanson is a bloody ignoramus:

The problem in western democracy is that people believe they have a right to their opinion, but do not consider that they also have a responsibility to keep reviewing whether the 'facts' on which they base their opinion are correct.

So many people have the problem of 'confirmation bias,' only accepting 'facts' that support their opinion.

We've all been there, hav'nt we? (As JWs) But hopefully we have become more rational.

Consider this SBS review of Hanson's maiden speech in the senate:

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/thefeed/article/2016/09/15/10-times-pauline-hanson-got-facts-wrong-her-maiden-speech

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

She is the voice of the feral racist bogans!

(Thats like a "redneck" for those in the USA)

Her comments smack of someone who fires off comments without properly thinking them through....

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

You know the politicians from your tiny country must be really bad if even people on the other side of the world know them by name...

:-D

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

Pauline Hanson's One Nation party has engaged one of Donald Trumps economists.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-16/pauline-hanson-hires-donald-trump-economist-james-ashby-claims/7854244

• zeb
    zeb

I consider myself well informed. Little of her speech was ever reported in the newspapers or on tv. In her previous time in parliament she was hammered by both with their selective statements and the Prime Minister of the time Howard was forced by circumstances to adopt most of her policies to keep Australia on an even keel.

Islam is a religion with political clout and it is not a race. If anyone makes a criticism of Islam they are not by doing so a racist. They are exercising their rights under the law to free speech. If they are rabid, and promote hate filled messages or just utterly looney then they will be seen as such and time and history will judge them.

Australia has thus far freedom of speech lets respect that and allow history to tell who was possessed of innate wisdom and whose thinking was born and sheltered in university cloisters.

The so called 'Family Law Act' has been an unmitigated disaster inflicted on the Australian people by a former Labor Govt. They were warned what it would lead to but the 'feminist'/ new age lobby were too influential to prevent any amendment along the way.

Senator Hansen is not the enemy of the people and her statements and policies are subject to the discipline of debate of the Australian Parliament as are the policies of any who are privileged to stand before the people in that place.

and yes I have dealt with suicide professionally and personally.

INCOMING!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit