meetings 18+ only

by Akid48 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    "What is masturbation" was the question I kept asking my siblings and parents about after a Sunday meeting when I picked up my very own blue hardcover version of the Young People Ask book.

For some bizarre reason I was asking what is menstruation.

Akid48, if you remember some of your previous posts, I did mention how inappropriate for children those meetings are. Make no mistake, the WT cannot care less about children and their well being. They just don't.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Akid48 Unfortunately, my father is the old school personification of the Society. A "contemporary" (if you will) of Frederick Franz and was present at one of his conventions. Growing up, every quote began with: "The Society says...". There was no middle ground.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've lost count of how many times I've looked back to my childhood years, remembered stuff that was wholly inappropriate for young eyes and ears, and wondered "what the fuck was the Society thinking???"...

• Counter-Watchtower
    Counter-Watchtower

My JW friends were telling me how great it was that the whole family stays together in their meetings unlike other churches where the family is broken up and kids go to classes.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Counter-Watchtower I think the children of these families will tell you a different story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxtP28gXZKQ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit