Is this another Trump backflip?

by fulltimestudent 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

The Professor who stood by his belief (printed on the Yahoo homepage and other sites as well) that Trump would win this election also says he will be impeached and won't serve the whole four years, I don't remember his name but I'm sure it can be easily looked up. He says although the House is mostly Republican now, the majority don't support him and he states his other valid reasons as well, I just hope to Hell he's right as rain on this as he was when the stuck to his word about this moron being elected

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Most people that voted for Trump know that he said a lot of things with the purpose of getting elected and also know the limits of his power when sitting in the seat of power -but what Trump said reveals his thinking and the direction of his policies when elected and that is one reason why people voted for him. His voters believe that he can only do what he can which is a lot more than what his opponents were going to do. It is very revealing to see what people want and the people voted for the many things TRUMP SAID. If the people did not want the things that Trump said he would do, they would not have voted for him.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I strongly believe that prophets should be well-identified so we will know who to thank when their prophecies come true.

For that reason...

David Brooks thinks Donald Trump will be impeached. The New York Times columnist (not a professor) penned an entire column about preparing for “the post-Trump era,” concluding “the guy will probably resign or be impeached within a year.”

He’s not alone. Filmmaker Michael Moore predicted on Morning Joe (MSNBC) that American won’t “have to suffer” through a whole term of Trump since “he will—maybe unintentionally—break laws.”

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

“he will—maybe unintentionally—break laws.”

Trump's political inexperience is obvious but all he needs to do is to surround himself with experienced politicians that are running the country already - and maybe listen to them, which seems to be the case from his remarks about Obamacare, etc. AS for breaking laws, all people in High Office break laws and get away with it, except when they happen to be an unpopular target -like Trump for instance, I say, give the man a chance. We will see effects soon enough.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"Trump's political inexperience is obvious but all he needs to do is to surround himself with experienced politicians that are running the country already - and maybe listen to them, which seems to be the case from his remarks about Obamacare, etc..."

Yes, Fisherman. That is why I decided that I would vote for Trump rather than the well-entrenched Clinton Global Crime Machine.

George Washington may have been our last President with high ideals, and he has his detractors. Our President doesn't have to be perfect, just correctable, and I trust the Republicans on that matter much more than I trust the party of social slavery, who, as we have seen, are not even honest within their own walls.

...and I really want Hillary to write her book about trading cattle futures!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Clinton Global Crime Machine

Oh you mean the mistake of using inappropriate e-mail servers while in office ?

Yes lets hang her in public for that dastardly crime.

Trump on the other hand is honest, has integrity and real empathy toward so many of the facets of the government's operations like taxation, even though he hasn't paid any personal income tax himself, yet making millions in his career as a land real estate developer.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

(sigh).....we shore do need the NuSystem....(sigh)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Trump's ego drove him to the White House and yes you could indirectly say he bought his way in.

Thankfully he doesn't have absolute power over the nation like the dude from North Korea, there is Congress, the Senate and finally the Supreme Court to manage any of his purposed directives and being that many Republicans in both segments of the government don't like him, there will be critical analysis and scrutiny to whatever comes out of the oval office.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Finkelstein,

Thankfully he doesn't have absolute power over the nation like the dude from North Korea, there is Congress, the Senate and finally the Supreme Court to manage any of his purposed directives and being that many Republicans in both segments of the government don't like him, there will be critical analysis and scrutiny to whatever comes out of the oval office.

Finkelstein, Congress and Senate are under control of Republicans and Trump has stated that he would place the most right wing Supreme Court justices as he promised his voters. That is something the Republican majority would not mind doing.

Also, the fact that Republican politicians don't like him has been no hindrance to his having won in the first place let alone prevent him from doing as he pleases now that he's won.

• poppers
    poppers

I loathe Trump, but if he gets impeached it'll be even worse with Pence at the helm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit