Some gems from the "Anointed" WT study

by NotBlind 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

I know this has been discussed before, but I think some of these wacky (but thought-provoking) comments deserve their own thread.

Paragraph 6 says: Modestly, anointed ones acknowledge that they do not necessarily have more holy spirit than those with an earthly hope. They do not claim to have special knowledge or revelations; neither do they try to prove that they are in some way superior.

Somebody needs to send this memo to the GB. These 'anointed ones' claim to be the ONLY ones with special knowledge of the Bible. They have themselves projected onto JumboTrons at international conventions and their talks are considered "special events". Their rants about colored socks, Spanx brand underwear, and tight pants are taken as gospel truth by their followers.

Paragraph 7 continues: In no way, then, would they use their anointing as a “calling card” to introduce themselves to others. For the most part, they would not even mention this personal experience to others, so as to avoid drawing attention to themselves; neither would they want to boast about their future reward.

So when a GB member is introduced at an assembly, they're ALWAYS introduced as a GB member (known to be anointed), and NEVER as an elder in XYZ congregation in Brooklyn. Why do their life stories in the WT mention their 'future reward'. Why does Tony Morris claim that his time in the Vietnam War gives him experience that will be useful in destroying 7 billion people when he reigns from heaven? Is this the sign of a modest individual?

Paragraph 10: How can we show appropriate respect for those whom Jehovah chooses to anoint? We would not ask them personal questions about their anointing. We should not assume that the parents, spouse, or other relatives of one of the anointed would also be anointed. We should also resist the urge to quiz spouses of anointed ones about how they feel knowing that they will live without their mate in the future earthly Paradise.

In other words, "leave us the heck alone"! Of course, if someone asks them about these things and they actually have to give an honest answer, the R&F may realize how idiotic most of these 'anointed people' really are.

Paragraph 13: The number of partakers includes those who mistakenly think that they are anointed. Some who at one point started to partake of the emblems later stopped. Others may have mental or emotional problems that lead them to believe that they will rule with Christ in heaven.

Mental or emotional problems? How about this for an example of mental or emotional problems...

Seriously, though, if you believe God has spoken to you -- to the exclusion of 99.94% of everyone else in your religion -- to rule in heaven, then you BY DEFINITION must be either: (a) pretty darn arrogant, (b) mentally imbalanced, or (c) a power-hungry maniac whose ultimate goal is being appointed to the GB.

These 3 personalities dominate the GB, with a whole lot of overlap among A, B, and C.

Paragraph 15: Jehovah began choosing anointed ones after Jesus’ death and resurrection, and it seems that all in the first-century Christian congregation were anointed.
    Really? According to the World Christian Encyclopedia (1982), it is estimated
    that by A.D. 100 there were 1 million Christians in the Roman Empire
    out of a population of 181 million.

Uh oh. Don't tell anybody in the Writing Department! They're not too good at math, are they? 1 million > 144,000

And for bonus points, no selfies with the GB!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Typical WT article. Says one thing and does another. This cult is jam packed with contradictions.

Before we faded and knew TTATT, I always mentioned to my spouse, "why are there so many contradictions?" Now I know??

• Magnum
    Magnum

I no longer read the mags, but I like to keep up with what's going on, so thanks for that. I loved your analysis and agree 100% with it.

In other words, "leave us the heck alone"! Of course, if someone asks them about these things and they actually have to give an honest answer, the R&F may realize how idiotic most of these 'anointed people' really are.

I was thinking the same thing after I read the part of par10 you quoted. They don't want JWs asking questions like "how do you know you're anointed?" because they know it might reveal the craziness of it all.

The fact that the number of partakers is increasing is causing them problems and they are trying to mitigate the situation with this Watchtower article.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I thought about that for a long time.

Really Jesus walked the earth and raised the dead, and then he gave magical powers to his Apostles, and supposedly "the world was full of their teachings" - and yet they did not accumulate 144K followers in that first 100 years?

That's just 2 San Diego Charge games worth of Jesus Fans.

• pixel
    pixel

Why does Tony Morris claim that his time in the Vietnam War gives him experience that will be useful in destroying 7 billion people when he reigns from heaven? I

WTF?! Did he said that??

We should also resist the urge to quiz spouses of anointed ones about how they feel knowing that they will live without their mate in the future earthly Paradise.

Why can't we ask them questions? (If I can ask somebody with an earthly hope what would they like to do in paradise, why can't I ask questions to somebody that is going to be in heaven?*

*Disclaimer: I dont' believe in this crap.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Pixel - CUZ Jesus and the Anointed are going to us Napalm! Duh!!
  • tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

We should also resist the urge to quiz spouses of anointed ones about how they feel knowing that they will live without their mate in the future earthly Paradise.

Always thought about this...how does a spouse or family member feel about never seeing them again....does the anointed prepare them, like most Fathers/Mothers that prepare their families for their death...tell them where the bank book is, insurance, & that they will be well taken care of. I'm thinking how painful this must be, others that are apart of the great crowd, looking forward to living 4 ever with their families. I'm also thinking maybe the Hubby doesn't want to be with his wife in the new system, so he say's he's anointed. That's a cheap divorce.

Tor

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light

I found this a way better:

Paragraph 6:

"Some may have had a rather sudden realization of their calling, while others experienced a more gradual realization."

Paragraph 9:

"Simply put, by means of his holy spirit, God makes it clear to that person that he is invited to become a future heir in the Kingdom arrangement."

Paragraph 15:

"In fact, if you are wondering whether you have received the heavenly calling, that would in itself indicate that you have not received it."

God make it so clear that they do not have to think about if they are choosen but some of them need time to realize that they are choosen. Make absolut overlapping sense...

• Magnum
    Magnum

par 9: "Simply put, by means of his holy spirit, God makes it clear to that person that he is invited to become a future heir in the Kingdom arrangement."

If God can make it clear to some lowly sister that she is anointed, then why can't/doesn't he make it clear to the Magnificent 7 what the "generation" is? It's been at least four different things in the last 20 years.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    crazy_flickering_light

SO if it's possible to have a GRADUAL realization - by definition wouldn't you for a period of time be WONDERING - and during that time - wouldnt you have been already chosen by dog? i mean god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit