Where it all went wrong for the WT - JF Rutherford

by LoveUniHateExams 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• vienne
    vienne

Smiles,

Obviosly you have not read the king v. john jacob Ross transcript. The section to which you refer is available at truthhistory.blogspot.com. You will benifit by reading it.

Suggesting historcal accuracy is not elevating Russell to godhood. It is suggesting that the secondary sources upon which you rely open you to ridicule.

I do not see Russell as a saint ,but yorur characterization of him is not sustained by the original documents.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I've read all the Studies and have been a keen observer of all things Watchtower for better than 40 years. Much of Russell's writings can be thrown in the dustbin of history; a product of the 1800's theological landscape of the US. I could be OK living with that in a religion's history, but virtually all the things about the JW religion which makes me just want to scream came from the scheming and devious minds of J F Rutherford and F W Franz.

• Smiles
    Smiles

Did CT Russell fake his own death and resurface in the spirit as vienne?

CT Russell was a false prophet, unworthy of admiration, unworthy of proper burial. He was the illegitimate self-appointed sperm that spawned the hideous & harmful apostate corporation that this forum was established to expose.

If you Russellite apologists, under the pretense of "historical accuracy", are here stroking off glamorisations for the false prophet founder of WT, you and your disgusting lot will eventually do the same for other corrupt WT cult personalities, in the name of "historical accuracy"...

Apologetic slanted "facts", as yours, are counterproductive and inhibit recovery from WT cult programming.

If you intend to press on here with your sick defense of false prophets, expect the more and unrelenting ridicule due a false prophet.

Please stop, maybe start your own forum elsewhere, and take your untenable devil's advocate apologetics with you.

Your pyramid stone awaits.

• vienne
    vienne

Smile,

You are passing off fakery as 'truth.' You do this to legitimize your disaffection from the Watchtower. You do not need to do that. We're free agents. We can choose our associations without excuse.

Mischaracterizing me or others who press for historical accuracy does not change the fact that you're wrong. That you use character defamation to excuse your personal choices. I'm not a Russellite. And most certainly not a Witness. I'm pursuing my master's degree in history.

You want me to run away? From the likes of you and others who use unethical behavior to cover behavior defects? Not very likely.

Russell was no more a false prophet than the Established Church writers who delved into prophetic numbers to predict the end of the age. There's a long list of those. Or of the Presbyterian and Church of Scotland writers who did the same. Or the Lutherans or Evangelicals or Congregationalists.

You don't like what Russell taught? Fine. If you boiled down his six volumes into what is absolutely Scriptural, I think we'd end up with a single volume, perhaps quite thin. However, grasping hold of falsehood and misrepresentation to support a life choice is a mental defect. None of us here need find excuses for the course we follow. No one is responsible for our choices but ourselves.

So, you spew nonsense. I'll continue to note it.

Assume some personal responsibility and do your due diligence. Verify before you spew. If you look to Internet nonsense to recover from the Watchtower, you will fail. Stand on your own two feet. Accept your choices for what they are. Acknowledge that you made them. A dead man did not deceive you. If you were deceived by anyone it is your own fault. Start with that, and you may 'recover.'

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This forum was not “established to expose” Watchtower. It started out as a place for JWs to meet and discuss. The founder was a JW at the time and initially not vocal about doubts in the organisation.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Thanks vienne for the accurate information you provided pertaining to Russell.

Thanks slimboyfat for informing us of what the original purpose was for this website. At https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/users/5866/Simon I learn that the site was created in the year 2000. Interestingly, August (or possibly September) 2000 was very probably the month I last attended the Kingdom Hall (judging by the dates of issues of "Our Kingdom Ministry" I have), other than for the annual Memorial events (until probably the year 2007) and one to three other meeting days. Possibly I attended a few other meetings in the year 2001. The field service records I have say August 2000 was the last month I engaged in field service activity. (From January 2000 through August 2000 my monthly field service time ranged from zero hours to a maximum of one whole hour.) It very strongly looks like the last convention I attended was in the summer of the year 2006.

• vienne
    vienne

Disi,

Thanks for the kind words.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

If you read the "Studies in the Scriptures" it is plain to see that from the very beginning it was all wrong. It was a book publishing business wrapped in a Quasi-Religious cult.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The way I see it, Rutherford started the Org down the authoritarian path…

…and Jaracz burned the last bridge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit