Mark 7:6-9 about Tradition

by Secreetly 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Secreetly
    Secreetly

When i asked my JW relatives about why they are the chosen one, she said one of the reasons can be found in Mark 7:6-9. JW’s stand firm in rejecting all man made traditions including christmas, halloweenc and birthdays whereas no other religion does so.

what are your opinions about this? :)

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Mark7:6-9 This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’ 8 You let go of the commandment of God and cling to the tradition of men.” 9 Further, he said to them: “You skillfully disregard the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition.

I do not see any thing special here to claim they are chosen. Ok they do not celebrate christmas....th elot.But what about disregarding the commandment of god ( john 13:35 true love; Gal 5:22,23 fruits of the spirit; Matthew 23:10 nto to be called leaders; ) The list can go on n on.

On the point of good leadership their own publication Watchtower 02 march 15th page 5 states "A good leader gives clear direction and helps people under his care to gain personal strength and resources so that they can solve problems successfully".

How can they claim to be the chosen one when they have been flip-flopping since they began??? Are they delivering what they wrote in the above watchtower reference?

"But I say to you that everyone that keeps on looking at a woman so as to have a passion for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” (Matthew 5:27, 28 . Have they been openly confessing their child abuse cover-ups ;and where the donations for god's worldwide is going (to pay for lawsuits)??

Just a tip of the iceberg mate.If you get satisfying answers with bible verses hats off to that!

My two cents

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Insight 1 states Mere formalistic observance of the outward forms of worship does not constitute a true honoring of the Almighty. There also needs to be a real love for Jehovah’s ways and a heartfelt desire to do his will. (page 1136)

Just evidence of my ramblings in the comment above .
    Zing
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Jehovah's Witnesses major in teaching and enforcing the commands of men as the commands of God...no to Christmas, birthdays, Mothers day and the like.

Who outlawed vaccinations, organ transplants, hemophiliac preparations oral and anal sex and later changed these manmade commands?

Outlawing blood transfusions is another command without biblical support.

Pot kettle black

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Because the bible is a Catholic book, they would be the ones to tell you what it means. They put it together, they protected it through the centuries, they use it in their liturgy, it's their book. Why would anyone care what a JW thinks about the bible? They have no authority in it at all. None

The WTS is just another 19th century american invention re-branding what was already established.

That's why there's so much new light. Another group of JWs come into power and they interpret the scriptures according to their own ideas instead of what Jesus commanded

my 2c

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Weddings and wedding rings are man made traditions. Witnesses have know problem with those things. Weddings are not Biblical nor the practice of exchanging rings.

In the Biblical ancient Israel (versus the historical Israel) when a man and a woman married, they just walked around town telling everyone they are now husband and wife. Their final destination was wherever their reception was being held.

• blondie
    blondie

jws can go to luaus now even though they started out as festivals to pagan gods, the same with pinatas, now kosher per the WTS. The WTS picks and chooses what is pagan and should be avoided.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" teach commands of men as doctrines.’ 8 You let go of the commandment of God and cling to the tradition of men.”

J.W Org is full of the "commands of men" which if you know how to read the Bible, are not supported by Scripture. It is true also of their "traditions".

The old ploy of using what they DO NOT believe in to prove they have the "truth" is a Fallacious Argument. What they DO believe in should be firmly founded on Scripture, to such an extent that the simplest person could see it were true.

All of the JW Org unique Doctrines are false.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The slam dunk for JW's re holidays is found in Romans 14: 5 & 6

"5 One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God."

• LV101
    LV101

Love this topic, Secreetly, and all the great posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit