Greatest Overall Compatibility: Leo, Sagittarius

Lucky Numbers: 4, 7, 11, 22, 29

Date range: January 20 - February 18

I'm a Leo (we are compatible)

Do I believe this stuff? No

But it is interesting

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are stupid enough to throw away a whole discography because of one "bad" song. Turns out that they did have a few songs that were classified as "bad". Up Up and Away hinted at sexual "immorality", even though they did not come right out and detail the activity or even that it was certain (the word "If by some chance" comes here). Stoned soul picnic is taken as having the people smoking weed. And of course, Aquarius, the worst of their batch, blatantly details the advent of the Age of Aquarius (astrology). One of my favorite songs by The Fifth Dimension, to boot.

For that, the jokehovians impose that ALL Fifth Dimension songs be thrown out. What is wrong with Wedding Day Blues? Nothing. Yet, they will "bad" that one out because of Aquarius? To me, that is like bashing John Lennon's whole discography as pro-communism because of the one song Imagine, which is. Does this mean that Power To The People, another John Lennon song, is pro communism? Seems that jokehovian witlesses are not capable of taking one song on its own merit--and if there is a good song elsewhere on the record, just play that song. Has anyone else kept a record with several good songs and one they hated, or do they always throw away a whole album because of one song they don't like?

• recovering
    recovering

Lol I remember as a young child being asked to give up many of the toys my mom new aunt gave me. I am upset to this day lol. It was not even my parents who made me give them up. It was a nosy elderette and her daughter who made the fuss. (The daughter was babysitting while my mom was visiting my dad in the hospital) boy I miss my original go Joe action figure and my evil kneival motorcycle lol.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride
    boy I miss my original go Joe action figure and my evil kneival motorcycle lol.

look on eBay you might be able to buy them again

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

@WTWizard

do they always throw away a whole album because of one song they don't like?

My mum made me throw out my MJ "Thriller" album when she found out what that song was about. Notice how she made ME throw it out (with her watching too) instead of her doing it, saying that Jehovah would be pleased with me (I doubt it as God supposedly can read our hearts and mind, and I can assure you that good thoughts were NOT in my mind at that moment). It went into the dustbin whole so I've always hoped that one of the dustbin men saw it and rescued it!

By the way, I had no idea did that "Up, Up & Away" song. I'll look for their album now. I'm always on the lookout to expand my music collection and tastes. Thanks!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

In 1980 I was approached by my Uncle (an elder) who I was living with at the time to give up any demonic LPs that i may have had, so I gave up 3 LPs 1 was Bat Out Of Hell, & a couple of opera recordings LOL

He didn't check on what I was really giving up, becoz I had lots of border line stuff like Jethro Tull, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Uriah Heap etc.. and a couple of years later I obtained those recordings I had given up.

What a load of shite JWism is

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

@finallysomepride

Bat Out Of Hell - great album choice! Didn't Jim do an album with Bonnie Tyler too?

later I obtained those recordings I had given up

I can relate to that as I've done the same. Just last week I acquired an album by KISS, albeit a "best of" as I had always been told they were demonic. Then I heard a track that I didn't realise was by them, Googled a bit and then realised that they were just another of many groups labelled falsely (by JWs and other self-righteous religions) as Devil worshippers.

• Tara N Seals
    Tara N Seals

Last Night I Didn't Get to Sleep at All

I'm humming away . . .

• steve2
    steve2

Tara - an impressive track listing - but you left out Sweet Blindness - one of the very first 45's I ever bought.

Such intense and sweet memories!

• Tara N Seals
    Tara N Seals

Oh, my!

Now, it's all coming back.

*Still humming*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit