When did WT lose the spirit?

by Smiles 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I can't remember the exact year but I distinctly remember putting out the stuff for recycling on the curb in front of my house that day so it had to be either the first or third Tuesday of the month.

• matt
    matt

@1234

i worked in the bindery. on nov 1 (based on the date you gave of 10/31/73), max larson called me and another brother into the factory office and tasked us with going to olsen's congregation territory. we were given some names and addresses, and our job was to find him. we didn't find him, as he was dead somewhere between the factory buildings all the while.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Giordano - “...Tax advantage anybody?”

That reminds me...

...someone here recently theorized that the real reason the Org so stringently requires records of the members’ preaching activity is because, since they don’t do soup kitchens, food drives, etc., they need to provide other documented evidence of “charitable” acts to federal revenue agencies to keep their tax-exemption...

...which, once again, begs the question: just how financially dependent on said tax-exemption is the WTS?

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph

@matt- newboy may know the date. He wrote extensively about olsen in his recent book

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

if the WT had lost the spirit--it looks like Tony Morris has found it.

( sorry if someone else said it already--i really cant be arsed reading the whole boring thread. )

• GodBeliever
    GodBeliever

Vanderhoven7

In 1954 with the demotion of Jesus Christ to angelic status. From that point onward the possibility of relationship with Jesus ended.

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."
    In March 1954 they also changed the teaching regarding religion. Where the Bible clearly teaches that worshipping God is not religion the WT leadership came to the conclusion that actually is "true religion".

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Smiles:

Please do not reply with 'JWs never had the spirit'

Why on earth not? Your fallacy: begging the question.

• JWPrince
    JWPrince

How and when did Watch Tower lose the spirit? When the Judge ran out of bourbon!

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

The WTS has had the spirit of stupidity since it started in the late 1800's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit