What should I do.....X elder?

by FreeFallin 11 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

On Saturday night I met a former elder at a birthday party. I knew a little bit about him, and asked if I could talk to him. See, I handled it all wrong from the start, a "sister asking for advice." I should have kept it casual. He led me out to an adjoining room, and we talked for quite a while. Well, he talked. I found out he left in '92 and was disfellowshipped. He knew nothing about the generation change or the UN scandal. I tried to quote the Watchtower issue about the generation thing, he kinda believed that, but questioned the Un involvement. Like how did I know this for sure. I gave him the plowbitch web site and my e-mail address. Now I realize the web site is gone. I really screwed up and missed a good chance to let him know the real truth. I want to track him down and give him more web sites to look up. He's a very intelligent and well educated man and would probably accept things if they were presented logically. On the other hand, he says he couldn't care less what the Watchtower is up to, it's just not important in his life. I just can't believe this, maybe I'm obsessed with this, but I want him to know!! Should I try to get his e-mail addy or just wait for him to contact me, (which will probably never happen.) He's definately not an apostate, does not celebrate Christmas (we happened to be out of the room when they sang HappyBirthday, he doesn't do that either.) i think He's a believing walkaway, he knows Jehovah is a loving God, etc. I am so wound up over this, witnessing as a JW never felt like this. SO now what? Thank you for reading this.

Kat

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

???????????? please be a bit more specific

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Seven-horned cat got your tongue?

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Wait!

Stop!

FreeFallin, don't DO an Xelder!!!!

j2bf

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

OK you guys, I thought I edited it!!! Don't tell me I have to type it all over, I'll chicken out for sure.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Opps, now your thread shows up!

FreeFallin, let it be. He says he is over the WT and it is not important in his life (thus he was at the birthday party) then let it go. If he wants to know more, he will find it online. There is so much information online now that anyone who wants to hold onto their ideas of "truth" wants to be in their own box.

Just go out and enjoy life and leave the WT behind.

Hugs to you gal,

j2bf

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Thanks Joy. i was going to e-mail you first to ask for advice, but decided to brave the waters of the forum. Love ya!

K.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Hey ((K.))

glad to see you braving the waters here. But don't take my advice, wait and see what others have to say too. You know, "many counselors"....oh forget it, do what you want.

Hugs,

j2bf

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I agree with Joy. Concentrate your energy and motivation on those JW's with doubts who really want to learn the truth.

• amac
    amac

One thing I've learned from being a JW is that I will never assume I "know the truth" and am absolutely right again. So unless someone askes me what I think about something, I certainly won't push ideas on them as fact.

I agree with the other posts. If he wants to know more about what you think, he'll ask. Otherwise I wouldn't assume you have knowledge he needs...he seems to be fine without it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit