Elder to visit me this Saturday to invite for the memorial

by EverApostate 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Thanks Everyone. I will let you know how it went.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Since he is coming there to talk to you about the memorial he'll probably open the discussion with that topic. It might be an eye opener to your wife to look at things from a different angle than the one that has always been presented to her.

You could ask him if it shows anywhere in the bible that Jesus apostles, after Jesus death, went around knocking on doors handing out invites to the memorial celebration to non believers, the way Jehovah's Witnesses do today.

Were the Apostles anointed at the time they partook of the bread and wine or did the anointing happen later at Pentecost.

Everyone in attendance at the original Lords Evening Meal partook of the bread and wine while others were gathered outside, so why do all JW's need to be in attendance if they aren't of the anointed?

Since Jesus supposedly arrived in his kingdom in 1914, why do JW's still observe the memorial ?

Since the goal is to follow Jesus footsteps and his example closely, when baptized people, were they required to study several 192 page books, have x amount of hours in the ministry and answer 2 questions before being immersed, acknowledging publically that they were Jehovah's Witnesses?

• NotNew
    NotNew

“I am planning to start off with John 6:54 where Jesus says that everyone should partake in the Emblems. Then I plan to move on to Blood Issues, UNO, and those whole bunches of WT non senses and Flip Flops.”

Stick to one topic...the first one as you state should be answered. Along with this one...show me in the scriptures where jesus said to go out and invite anyone else to observe the ones he instructed to observe the memorial?

As for me if they can show me in the scriptures where Jesus invited or said to invite any non believers or those not of the anointed class to observe...then I would consider going!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

There is a very good comment in the ceders interview with James Penton that the scripture in Acts 20;20 may have refered to the apostle visiting the brethren in their houses. Not going publicly from house to houses, as Wt has us believe. It was one of the factors that was influentil in waking Mr Penton up.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The elder will refer to the 144,000 as being eligible to partake of the emblems as they alone are part of the New Covenant. So you will have to be able to counter that or leave it alone.

The blood issue is the best because it is indefensible...followed by the question...how well do you know WT history?

a. Do you know why JWs were subject to increased health risks from 1967 to 1980? (Organ transplants cannablism)

b. Do you know why JWs were selling their homes in the early 70s? And young people thought it would be dangerous to further their education after high school.

c. Etc....all to cast doubt on God's direction of the organization.

P.S: I have a dialogue on blood if you would like a copy.

• alanv
    alanv

The main thing is not to cover too many points. It is very easy for us to do that, but its much better to stick to maybe two or three points, and cover those points well.

• HoodwinkedToo
    HoodwinkedToo

Here is a link to the complete transcript of Jackson's testimony: https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/sites/default/files/file-list/Case%20Study%2029%20-%20Transcript%20-%20Jehovahs%20Witnesses%20-%20Day%20155%20-%2014082015.pdf

see bottom of page 9 for statement on presumption that the GB is God's only spokesman and pages 45-46 on inadequacy of the two witness rule in child abuse cases

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Since the C.O.'s agenda is to get you to attend the cult's rejection memorial, ask him the following:

Why does the "faithful slave" say that foreigners were not participants of the Law Covenant?

wt 98 2/1 p.19, par. 6 - "Further, other sheep lay hold of the new covenant just as foreigners of old laid hold of the Law covenant. In what way? Not by becoming participants in it but by submitting to the laws associated with it and benefiting from its arrangements."

Deuteronomy 29:10-15 totally debunks this article and its implications:

All of you are stationed today before Jehovah your God, the heads of your tribes, your elders, your officers, every man of Israel, your children, your wives, and your foreign resident who is in the midst of your camp, from the one gathering your wood to the one drawing your water. You are here [all of you] in order to enter into the covenant of Jehovah your God and his oath, which Jehovah your God is making with you today in order that he may establish you today as his people and that he may be your God, just as he has promised you and just as he swore to your forefathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. “Now it is not with you alone that I am making this covenant and this oath, but it is with those standing here with us today before Jehovah our God and with those who are not here with us today."

If Rahab and Ruth (foreigners) were not accepted as full members of the nation of Israel, then the Messianic lineage would have been corrupted!

There is no type/anti-type application for rank & file J.W.'s regarding "foreigners," therefore all Christians are full included in the New Covenant - not just an elite few as espoused by the WTBTS.

• dozy
    dozy

I wouldn't raise your hopes too much. The elder will likely not listen to you or simply dismiss it as apostate propaganda. He is there to give you the Memorial invitation and then clear off - not for a long discussion. Likely he will simply block any questioning with the usual standard responses and go.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I already have a few visits during the past years like this where the elders came to visit me to revive me and it all had been lengthy conversations. I am confidant that I may have sowed seeds of doubts in their minds.

Any advises to me as to what I can discuss this time?

Maybe it's a waste of time to spend on those long conversations that at the end don;t convince anyone of anything the other is saying.

My advice is reminding you that you have the choice of not getting sucked into their nonsense. You can just say "no, thank you".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit