Calling Out Jehovah's Witness Leaders for a violation of NEUTRALITY

by TerryWalstrom 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Hey Terry,

Rutherfraud was a lawyer first and the figure head leader of a religious cult second. As a lawyer, a litigator, he had a natural inclination to be adversarial and adversarial he was in every way. He was determined, once he gained control of the wtbts, to make it his OWN personal religion, which he pretty much did! Nearly everything that main stream christian religions did, he did the opposite. He knew that controversy captures attention. He was the very definition of a charlatan! The sh*t that he and mad Freddy set in motion certainly had an adverse effect of the lives of many sincere people. Jim Jones on a larger scale!

just saying!

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

When Rutherford unleashed his nastiness on Olin Moyle and Moyle left the headquarters, Rutherford took over a Supreme Court case Moyle was having (generally agreed) success with. After listening to the ranting, bombastic Rutherford, that case went down in flames.
    As a lawyer, he had many infamous blotches on his record back home.
    You might say, as impossible as it sounds, he succeeded only in giving lawyers a bad name :)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Terry - "Judge Rutherford and his successors imprinted the JW psyche with a kind of radicalism it took them a long time to escape."

Let's be honest.

The only JWs to really "escape" Rutherford's radicalism are Ex-JWs.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

(The only JWs to really "escape" Rutherford's radicalism are Ex-JWs.)

I dunno...maybe...maybe not...

Suddenly becoming a political true-believer can swallow up the Ex-JW with the old hunger for group think, sloganeering and cries for purity and solidarity.

Further, there are those who go back into the breach because thinking and deciding are too great a burden for an individual to succeed without absolute certainty connected to authority.

There are Ex-JWs who forget their only world view is still the WATCHTOWER created worldview. The become freelance Dubs and self-made mavens tilting at windmills, engaging in theological debates and flexing their indoctrination under a false flag of apotheosis.

ESCAPE from a cult requires a mind wash which is extremely difficult to achieve. It is basically do-it-yourself brain surgery.

So many under-educated ex-Dubs remain knuckle-draggers, anti-science, and conspiracy oriented vigilante thinkers (who don't know how to think.)

My own journey has taken me through the 7 circles of hell myself:)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Won't argue with you, there.

• Ding
    Ding

I knew a second generation JW who refused the draft during the Vietnam era.

The elders didn't allow him to tell the judge he could accept alternative service as a sentence. Consequently, he ended up serving five years in prison.

Imagine how he felt when he found out that Mexican JWs were allowed to bribe officials to stay out of trouble with the authorities.

Then he found out all that Ray Franz disclosed in Crisis of Conscience.

Not surprisingly, he left the WT shortly thereafter.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Yes. There is a double standard to JW advice and duplicity is their calling card.
    We are required to swallow our betrayal and show submission when these revelations emerge.
    It is the taste of betrayal which never really goes away and the idea that they'll never admit anything is wrong with it makes it doubly difficult to bear.

• smiddy
    smiddy

In the sixties or seventies if memory serves me correctly their was an article or two in a WT publication of a greek brother who was sentenced to five years jail for refusing millitary service and when that time was up he was re-sentenced to another five years jail ,and it may have even occured a third time .

And of course they were hailing it as a brother faithfully serving Jehovah under trying circumstances.

I often wonder whatever happened to the poor bugger and any others that had the same fate,

Thanks for the post terry about your experience`s in this regard , I would be as bitter as hell I think if I had gone through what you did.

Here in Australia we had a ballot system as to who was called up for service or not and my b/date exempted me.

I was one of the lucky ones.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I need to point out something, too. NOBODY in my Kingdom Hall ever sent me a postcard or letter with a word of encouragement!
    Nobody in my congregation ever requested to be added to my visitation list.
    Now that I look back on it--I cringe at what is demonstrated by such inaction and unconcern.
    Oh, and one more thing--when I received parole and returned to my congregation for the first time, it was like nothing of any consequence had happened to me at all as far as the level of greeting I received. For one thing, nobody asked me how it was in there or how the brothers still inside were doing.
    I was deeply hurt by this. I still am.
    The closest anyone came to demonstrating any interest was a JW I worked with in a mobile home building factory--he asked me, "Well, how was college?" In other words, he saw it as a golden opportunity for me to study the Society's publications for a couple of years.
    That one actually pissed me off.
    "I was in prison and you came to visit me ... I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25:36, 40

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit