Fight Fire With Fire!

by The Searcher 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

A Believer,

I fully believe we are living in the last days. Can't wait until all is fixed.

Whatever happens in the future, no matter how bad it is, will not be like the false prophecies your religion teaches. You will die from old age (unless you're old already) without seeing:

• The UN declare "Peace and Security!"
    • The UN declare war on "Babylon the Great".
    • The Jehovah's Witnesses spared persecution until after all other religions are destroyed.

Of course, all of the above are subject to eternal revision. You'll be waiting forever.

• evilApostate
    evilApostate

Sounds good, but sadly I'm uncertain if such a strategy would help them see the light. They would probably just say that the F&DS are imperfect men and that they make mistakes. Then they will say that one should "wait on Jehoober blablabla". It's not like I haven't heard them say that before.

• evilApostate
    evilApostate

@ A Believer:

Do you really believe Watchtower propaganda or are you just a troll? Sometimes I just wonder...

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I would like to say something to the effect "yes brothers they are the faithful slave and the stone witness the great pyramid at Giza did tell us when the end times were going to be and yes brothers there are no viruses these are truly made up by the medical Industry and yes brothers the end of the system of things did happen in 1975 but invisibility and yes we are now living in paradise,spiritual paradise "

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

simple mild question to reply with:

"So, the bible says God can never get things wrong can he? He is perfect right?"

(allow for answer)

"so when the society has got many things wrong, does that mean that God was having a bad day that day and making mistakes, or could it be that the society is not guided by God?"

• Island Man
    Island Man

You can also rhetorically ask them what is true loyalty and follow up with an illustration/parable:

"A certain man named Peter had two friends, Mike and John. Whatever the Peter does Mike always supports him and he never ever tells Peter he is wrong even when he is clearly going the wrong way. But John will point out to Peter if he is going wrong because he does not want Peter to get into difficulties with the law. Which of these two men seems to you to be truly loyal to Peter - Mike who always agrees with everything Peter says and does; or John who would bravely offer him corrective advice and criticism when he's going down the wrong path?"

You can use this illustration to say that blindly going along with any and everything the uninspired and imperfect governing body teaches and does, is not true loyalty and that one who is truly loyal will bravely speak out about wrongs and errors so that they are corrected so that the slave does not end up being judged as the evil slave when Jesus returns. But if the slave is silencing all constructive criticism and wants total unconditional loyalty, then how do we know they're aren't already the evil slave?

• evilApostate
    evilApostate

@Island Man:

Great illustration. Just to add, there is no literal faithful and discrete slave. Even as an agnostic I can see that Jesus' words were nothing more than an illustration. Jesus was instructing everyone to be a faithful slave and not an evil one. Upon his return, everyone who acted like a faithful slave by following his teachings would be rewarded while the evil slave would be punished. Sadly, logic never seems to get through the skulls of Jdubs.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

You know, this morning, I was trying to think of a clever way to reason with them about the loyalty question. However, once you already have been baptized, there is no more reasoning that can be done without them calling you an "apostate".

My thought is: Why would they take Math. 24:45-47 literally? To ascertain authority through a law, not their works. The disciples had authority through their display of holy spirit (miracles, languages), their charity and preaching work. JWs barely give to charities, do not have any special powers, and yet, they expect the same authority. Only way to make this plausible is to focus on the preaching work and to use a parable literally.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    evilApostate - "...Do you really believe Watchtower propaganda or are you just a troll?..."

There's a difference? :smirk:

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

@a believer. Why can't you "wait till it's all fixed"? Are you saying you wish death on the billions of men, women, children and babies who are not Jehovah's Witnesses?

That attitude is not very Christ-like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit