by silentlambs 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jurs
    jurs

silentlambs
    i'm glad you did.
    jurs

• teejay
    teejay

DannyBear said, "When SL (for a very good cause) promotes his website information (excellent info) by mass distribution of 'one liner' snipits in newspapers all over the country, intimating CHILD MOLESTORS AT YOUR DOOR, painting with a broad stroke...(a false premise by the way), that there is a strong possiblity that when a Jehovah's Witness knocks on your door he/she may well be such a criminal...it is going to far. It is not fair by any standards."

It's something worth considering. I don't know how I feel about it. I am still seriously considering having my local paper print up a couple of SL's 1-800 ads. But I wonder about something: my mother is a regular pioneer and so knocks on tons of doors in a month's time. What if SL's (and others') efforts cause people to now suspect my mother (and thousands of other blameless JWs) as a potential child molester? If so, that is wrong. It is an injustice that innocent people shouldn't have to bear. It like the ugly flip side of the issue, where innocent people are being abused against their ability to defend themselves.

I believe that something must be done, and the level of respect that I have for what Bill has done really can't be put into words. I was taught that sometimes you have to take a stand for principle no matter what the cost, and it is very gratifying to see that in this MTV, me first, get-all-I-can-get generation, those principles I learned when I was a little boy are still alive and well in people like him.

Still I wonder if this is the way to go. Good points, DannyBear.

peace,

• PubNoMore
    PubNoMore

I have not read all the messages here YET, but I do have something to say to SL and all of those of you still attending the Kingdom Hall.

GET OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SHARE WITH HER IN HER SINS AND RECEIVE PART OF HER PLAGUES!!!! SL is getting some of those plagues right now. You can't be honest with something that knows no honesty at the top level.

It doesn't matter who calls who, what, there--call yourself Disassociated, Disfellowshipped, whatever.

Hasn't it been proven to your satisfaction with the recent events, including the WTS joining the UN (and trying to slither out of it), that this organization--THE WHOLE THING--is now part of Babylon The Great, and is going down with it!!?? Yours are just the beginning of many more troubles to come. GET OUT NOW AND TAKE YOUR FAMILY AND AS MANY FRIENDS AS WILL LISTEN with you.

A little leaven, and all that!

Jehovah HAS NOT USED THIS ORGANIZATION AS HIS OWN FOR ALMOST 10 YEARS NOW.

PubNoMore

• shecky2
    shecky2

i was just wondering...have you tried to out this child molestor? would the witnesses be accepting of a child molestor? have the police been notified? i haven't read every post on this thread, so i don't know if these questons have been answered previously.

btw. i admire what you're doing. keep up the good work.

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Hello, silentlambs,

I couldn't help chuckling all of the way through your first post, not because I'm hard hearted, but because it is all so familiar to me. A few comments:

Your mirroring the MS and the raising of the hand frequently were right on. The simplist reason for it is Romans 12:20, that you will "heap coals of fire upon his head". Do it and don't feel at all guilty. It needs done.

I saw one post (DannyBear's?) who was commenting that the children would notice that and start asking questions. Precisely. That is the one of the major reasons it should be done. That puts the elders on the spot and both the parents and children on notice that there is something wrong in the congregation. Yes, the elders will give some slanderous explanation, but that doesn't matter. The seed is planted and it will be something that rankles and festers over time. People remember injustice. It will be the beginning of their losing faith in the organization, even though it may take years for it to come to fruition. Good work.

The spinning of the tires was a mistake, but not for the reasons others mentioned. By that you encouraged them. When they know something is getting to you, they'll lean even harder on that point.

This is a tactic that I am so familiar with that I feel I could conduct a guided tour in my sleep. In the trucking industry, if one does not wish to "bend" the rules a bit, little gets done. Yet the companies cannot fire you for obeying the rules. Therefore, they make life miserable for you. Whatever tactic agravates you the most is the one they will concentrate on. It's all one big mind game.

And that is what your experience was all about. They want you gone, and it matters little how that is accomplished. Your very presence is an embarrassment for them. Worse, it calls questions into their own minds about their conduct, and makes them extremely uncomfortable. I wonder how many ex-elders right here on this board started their own journey out of the organization with just such an experience? If you leave, they can stick their heads right back in the sand and pretend that everything is just fine.

Why do you think I've been DFed for fourteen years, yet still go to the occasional meeting? For those who would object about my portraying the elders as being so callused --- I wish you were right.

However, I must agree with DannyBear on one item. Speaking personally, I would be happy to support you more if it were not for the "one-liners" If you want to make the guilty miserable, I'll gleefully give you a hand, but I have no enthusiasm for doing the same to the innocent.

Danny --- don't pay any attention to Mommy Dark. She's still out in the fence corner bawling for the bull.

LoneWolf

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I just wanted to let everyone know that this Thread is where I got my "User Name" -- UnDisfellowshipped -- from.

And, bttt for this Awesome Thread by Bill Bowen!

• memphisbelle
    memphisbelle

I recently heard by a trusted member of the congregation that an ELDER while getting a group ready for FS replied to three elderly ladies as "the three stooges". And this guy is an elder !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit