I attended the meeting tonight.....

by silentlambs 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Silentlambs,

A few years ago I would not have believed this experience of yours, but it took some personal experiences, experiences for Mrs Ozzie, and experiences to my closest friend who was a long-serving elder at the time, to wake me up to what it really means to be a member of the 'New World Society'. As AGuest remarked:"welcome to the real 'world'".

Had Enough is dumbfounded. So was my wife a few years ago when she saw at first hand the simply horrible actions of the elders in a judicial setting. The R&F don't seem to give this area a minutes's thought. They assume everything in the Borg is just like a "spiritual paradise". How wrong they are!

I like the expression "the undf". I think it bears highlighting that you say: "i have never in my life even sat before a judicial committee, yet it appears i have created a new qualification within the organization. the undf, you go to meetings yet you do not exist". Some JWs who are 'lurking' on this board need to understand, as we all do, that even if (and no-one is even entertaining the idea) you had broken any of Jehovah's laws to the extent of a Gross Sin, there is a scriptural procedure to be followed that dignifies the Christian individual. The scriptures used so often by the Society in judicial matters (mainly the apostle Paul's writings) can be followed. If they haven't been, then no 'crime' exists, so how can the snubbing penalty be executed? (That's a rhetorical question!)

Elders serving on a judicial committee are charged to find out the facts of a 'case', and not to pre-judge. It seems that this pre-judging has been done in your case.

If I might address our readers, there are many cases that I know of here in Oz where departing elders have been similarly treated. You are not alone.

On a lighter note, thanks for your note in the mail the other day.

Kind regards from Mr & Mrs Ozzie to yourself and your wife.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

Freedom is not having to wear a tie.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi Slient

Sorry for all you've been put through, it really shows them up for what they are.

I really admire everything your doing.

• beroea
    beroea

Hallo SilentLambs

Love your post. In some ways a sad story. But more it was a funny one. It’s make me smile and gave me a good laugh. As Farkel said to you be honest to you self and your consciences. That was matters and look at this experience with a smile. It tells the true about the others and you are able to look in the mirror - they are not. I can image your situation. I’m still in as elder mainly because of family reasons. My children and wife concern me a lot and I will not let them alone. My times haven’t come yet but I think it will come.

Keep up the good sense. Try to go to some more meetings and sit in the front where all are able to see you. Put your hands up as many times as possible. Just to let the others have some opportunities to judge them self.

Loves from Beroea

• Prisca
    Prisca

Silentlambs,

My heart goes out to you. To see how they treat someone who is standing up for what is right is downright despicable!

Though you raised a smile with your follow-the-attendant story. Glad to see you've kept your sense of humour throughout this!

Keep up the good work!

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

SL,
    What a horrendous story. But so strikingly familiar. I was an "undf'ed" one too. The elders wives set the example of making me invisible. It was very hurtful at the time.
    I wish I had had your sense of humor when I was going through it!
    Thumbs up to your cause.
    TW

• uncle_onion
    uncle_onion

keep up the good work SL.

On a different note, can you confirm that the "murder" letter on your site is "kosher"? Is it from a trusted source?

UO

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Thank you for your comments and for enduring such treatment in standing up for what is right.

I think some people here know exactly what you are talking about. I also believe there is some unwritten policy to "undisfellowship" (lol) people for which they lack sufficient evidence or for which there may be legal or "PR" consequences.

This is really dirty and underhanded because they fail to play by their own rules and just make them up as they go along so they always win. Elders in several halls have "suggested" that association with me would not be "beneficial" even though they prefice their comments with "not that we are telling you what to do", but the publisher knows exactly what to do.

The Society has long had a practice of "tailing" undesirables with their security at conventions. I'm glad you had some fun with that and made your point. The sending you in FS alone and with no territory is ridiculous. (out of curiosity can you explain how exactly that came about? lol)

I think it's great that you keep up the routine despite all of this. You know exactly what they are hoping you will do, and as long as you can hang in there a bit longer it adds more credibility to what you say. The Society will never put in print that they don't want you to tell the truth and speak out against child molestation. So keep on doing that. Honesty and truth shouted from the rooftops is their biggest fear.

Please keep documenting all these things. There is a big difference between what is said and what is actually carried out and what is "understood".

Path

• Tina
    Tina

Dear sl,
    I am outraged as well, at this abusive treatment you underwent.
    I applaud and support your continuing courage!
    How frustrated the muckety-mucks must be.....they can't use their power tool-the jc. They know whats comin' down the pike,and all they care about is their public image. So they try the next best tactic in their 'arsenal'.......manipulating the group(cong) to do what they're so afraid to do.
    Your power lies in your honesty and integrity........a concept that most of the world understands,yet is so very foreign to them.
    Truth will out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I wonder how the 'oh,so-self-righteous dubs who are sharing in this unethical base behavior will feel when the situation that you've exposed comes to light?
    Your experience continues to show this org as the power/control mongers that it is-and how totally morally bankrupt they are!
    Wishing you continued strength and courage.
    With deepest respect and admiration,Tina

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Hey SL! You are being MARKED my friend. Consider it a blessing you dont need those jerks anyway. They get off on walking around whispering about you and watching you and following you and making a huge freakin deal about you being there LOL! Life is SOOOOO endlessly boring in those halls that you are actually creating a distraction they enjoy! We used to love all the delicious DISH about this one or that one or "look who just came IN" or "did you see that??? brother narc raised his hand and NOBODY CALLED ON HIM! snicker snicker chuckle." Meanwhile they arent getting squat out of the meeting :) They know they cant disfellowship you or the press would have a field day with it. So they are doing the next best thing...ignoring you! Isnt this fun? Just like 5th grade.

I say run with it Si! Continue to go to the meetings...chances are there are people there who will be APPAULED at the behavior of the Brethren and will follow you right out the door. They only shoot themselves in their own holier than thou toes when they pull this childish behavior.

Jehoover cringes at it too! :) You have em by the short hairs babe.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Silentlambs,

What motive could possibly move you to even want to attend another meeting?

Although your revelations of hidden child abuse are commendable, will you further your cause by 'burning tire rubber' in the parking lot at your local KM?

A completely unbiased onlooker, may in fact wonder why Silentlambs, needs in fact to rub their collective noses, with his unwelcome presence. Does your cause now revolve around Silentlambs as the real victim, or the children you want to protect?

DannyBear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit