Will the U.S. Supreme Court be RIDICULED by JW lawyers?

by The Fall Guy 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    The Fall Guy - "Will the U.S. Supreme Court be RIDICULED by JW lawyers?"

Honestly, the way they've been going these days, I definitely think the Org is dumb enough.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Listener - "It's almost as if the Watchtower's wrote up their case with the intention of losing it."

I know, right?

I can't shake the impression that they're either...

a) ...so desperate at this point to keep the scope of the problem from the R&F (for a whole fuck-ton of reasons), that they'll make long-odd legal gambles that, if money were involved, no bookie in Vegas would touch with a ten-foot cattle prod...

b) ...so certain of their inherent rightness, divine favor, and destiny that they're pathologically incapable of believing that they'll lose, no matter how Here-Comes-Honey-Boo-Boo-roadkill-eating-stupid their decisions are, or...

c) ...on some level, they've subconsciously concluded that the game is up, and are actually (albeit passive-agressively) trying to provoke "Satan's World" into "attacking" them, so that either God will drop the Big A to bail them out, or they'll crash-and-burn (rather than capitulate, just like only every other authoritarian regime in history).

Needless to say, none of the above scenarios suggest sound, logical, or even intelligent reasoning (from any point of view).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    The Fall Guy - "They tell their followers one thing and then reverse that 'truth' when they go into a court of law... So I'll leave it to you to tell the forum, exactly who the WTBTS is lying to?... You do agree that they are lying to someone don't you, or are you going to defend their double-speak?... Based on your understanding of 'defined law in many jurisdictions', every single JW by definition should be regarded as clergy, because they are all ministers."

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• Corney
    Corney

The Fall Guy,

1) No, I did it correctly. Your claim that the SCOTUS can be "ridiculed", "duped" and "conned" by the WTS lacks any merits.

2) I'd describe their "no clergy class" rhetoric as misleading in respect of members of general public when the role of elders isn't properly mentioned.

3) Again, theological statements don't matter. Actual role and functions of a person do. It's possible that some laws in some jurisdictions treat publishers as clergymen because they actually conduct religious ministry (preaching etc.), not because of some dogma. But even if such laws exist, they aren't common.

4) What does "D.S." stand for?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Ridiculed", "duped", or "conned"?

To the best of my knowledge, the US Legal System is not in the habit of employing morons.

• blondie
    blondie

The situation in Australia when a special commission investigated the Watchtower was comforting to me. I saw a group of non-jws in the legal field show that they are up-to-date on current WT policies for public consumption and what really was the party line for members.

Many ex-jws spent much effort and time to facilitate making those non-jws savvy to the lies of the WTS.

I have no problem being confident that the legal people looking into this in the SCOTUS, will do the same, have the same people supplying them info from a different perspective, and that these legal people will look at other cases/situations in other countries and states of the US.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit