Jw's sending me invites and letters, I don't get it.

by Foolednomore 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

"You're invited to our Kingdom Hall ... so we can shun you. Please come!"

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Foolednomore, I had thought I had read that you said that you didn't open the letters you received from the JWs, and that is why I wrote that you might find a personal email address in the letters if you read them. But now I see I was wrong to think that you said you didn't open the envelopes. Apparently when I read a post by truth_b_known quoting a portion of a post by stan livedeath, I later incorrectly thought the quoted phrase was by you instead.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

If I start responding to their letters, I'm afraid that I would have nosey elders poking around. I don't need that! My life is find without their presence. When the door to door work was going strong, I just wouldn't open my door. Thank Goodness for cameras. Now they are in your mailbox and phone. I already changed my phone number because of them. Now they flood my mailbox.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Its weird that they are trying so much to bring you back to the org. They are acting like corporations repeatedly sending advertisements to people.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FOOLEDNOMORE:

I'm laughing because I’m thinking of that famous poster of Uncle Sam pointing because he wants ‘You’….But, of course, we aren’t talking about Uncle Sam here. We are talking about people from your local hall.

Yeah they want you. I agree it probably wouldn’t be wise to respond to those letters. If you did.. I’ll bet the local posse will come knocking on your door soon…Unless maybe you relish the idea of being ambushed when you step out your door or pulling up in the driveway 😜.

• waton
    waton
    So why now all of a sudden my mailbox is getting bombed 💣 by their memorial invites and letters?

it is a typical wt campaign, area bombing the territory, sending invites to all in the territory. applying the 2 witness rule.

Our box had already 2, the territory worked over again

field overseers, a fate like "bomber Harris" awaits you.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Here in Italy, they are a pest! Why they want me to rejoin their ranks is pure reason to go after my family 's wealth. They know full well what I think about their group and my neighbors feel the same way. They are pests! Not welcomed! Mail service does nothing to help it either. They paid postage, they delivered up to you to decide what to do with it. I like to bag it up and drop it off at the Kingdumb Hall. Maybe they will get the hint.

• RandomUserName3500
    RandomUserName3500

I received one letter in the four years I've lived in this house. Had the KH as the return address. A few clicks on Google found the senders name, address, and surprisingly public Facebook profile. I sent her letter and tract back to her, at her home address with a letter explaining why. Did not include my name or address so she had no idea of where it came from and which person/address replied. A few days after mailing the letter her FB went into lockdown with nothing showing to the public. Maybe she thought receiving a letter from a stranger at your home address was creepy.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

In 21 years, I have gotten two elders knocking at my door and one visit by a woman that claimed to be my mother's friend. That is it and for that matter, I've never moved. Clearly they don't miss me and I don't miss them.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Today I received in the postal mail an envelope addressed to "Neighbor" with the return address of the local kingdom hall. I suspect it includes an invitation to the Memorial (which takes place tomorrow). I am surprised I received it since I thought the congregations now know not to send such to me. Apparently there is no way to keep all JWs from sending evangelizing mail to my address. I am thinking of writing facts on the back of envelope (as suggested by truth_b_known in post that was made 14 days ago) and returning it to the sender. If I do so maybe an elder will read what I write on the back.

Update: I later opened the envelope and read the enclosed memorial invitation (which is nicely worded, printed from a computer in a cursive style, and signed by hand) which the sender included with a JW.org published invitation to the memorial. I thus won't write "Retun to Sender" on the envelope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit