Intersting Visit from our local JWs yesturday

by little_Socrates 62 Replies latest jw friends

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Most people wear a reasonable amount of scent, but some folks just keep on dousing that perfume until it's overwhelming. Even if people are not allergic, you are still offensive.

A little goes a long way.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I hope I never get a fragrance sensitivity one day cause when I hear people like you whine about how "rude" it is to where fragrance my eyes roll so far back it hurts

you don't like JWs fine. But to come here and whine about them wearing fragrance is reduculous.

people like you LOVE complaining about fragrances.

ooooh, you really gave it to those clean, nice smelling JWs that were outside near your house

how rude of them to not read your mind before they came to your house.

She was right you know, if you expect everyone on the planet to accommodate your sensetivities then do us all a favour and where a sign around your neck listing them off so we can all tip toe around you

• Dunedain
    Dunedain
    WOW, this stinks!!!
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Have to agree with Heaven, lest we forget the most important things such as destructive doctrines. Anyone could have made that mistake.

The issues are about doctrine are they not.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I have had purfum troubles for years, and hardly ever said anything about it. There are a very few purfum's, that can put me in the floor, gasping for air in seconds. Some of the worst ones I can't even smell until it's too late. If I am at the kh, I set close to the door, so as to get out quickly. And I have done that a number of times.

The ones that really get me, will ware a paper dust mask, then set right next to sister takes a bath in purfum, and be just fine!

Dwain

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

You guys don't understand... I have no issue with people wearing perfume. If you wear perfume it needs to be subtle enough that some one needs to enter your personal space before they can smell it. I am in no way criticizing people who where a reasonable amount... Or if they stay in their own space.

They never came in the house... and yet after they left... the scent was over powering INSIDE my home. That is rude.

• prologos
    prologos
    you might find it helpful to have an entrance with a sealing second door, kind of an air lock. The wind over your chimney, an open fireplace, the kitchen fan, leaky windows all will create a low pressure , that can suck air through the open front door, even the hot air from "witnessing", so how about to set up a barrier, instead of being upset. your home is your castle only if it has defenses.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

I wear perfume everyday, scented shampoo and bodywash. To me it's not excessive and my bf tells me I smell nice.

You say they are rude. It's not rude to put on scent. They are just likely to be innocent JWs, that hate the ministry getting grief at the door. They are trapped in a cult and need our kindness.

If I thought someone needed advice about the way they smell I would have a kind word....not tell them they are rude.

Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

Is this an American ailment? Never heard of it before.

Sounds like a big fuss over nothing

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

I have no issues with perfume per se. But, I understand and recognise this as an increasing ailment. How many years was it mentioned in KM before a CA. Ok I accept my previous post was harsh, but I was under the influence of 2/3 brandies, and I was having a silent rant about the emergence of a new breed of jw. Especially amongst the mid 20/30's. They have an air of arrogance about them. Maybe it's the increase of tv of shows like " the only way is essex, geordie wives and another one with Chelsea in the title". You might not be familiar with them. Popular amongst this age group in the UK. Present company excluded.

Recently one such character who has no life experiences caused me to bury my head in my hands with embarrassment. My son-in-law, who is a 3x vet of the Afghan conflict asked him a question about cave paintings found in France believed to pre-date the WBTS's teachings regarding human history. His answer " lies, Satan's lies" I'm like wtf!.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit