Intersting Visit from our local JWs yesturday

by little_Socrates 62 Replies latest jw friends

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

Really? You think it's "totally callous" to wear deodorant or perfume just in case you happen to bump into the one in a million people who happen to find it gives them a sore head?-cofty

Yes and YOU are a perfect example Cofty! You won't even listen to what I have to say. Never did I say no one could ever wear fragrances. All I am asking for is some consideration and some moderation. If you can't even hear that request YES YOU ARE CALLOUS.

• cofty
  • shadow
    shadow
    Maybe you should have a talk with whoever it was in your house that thoughtlessly answered the door. Shouldn't they know better?
  • shadow
    shadow
    And you chased after them to get another dose of their overwhelming fragrance that will make you sick for days???
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Actually it is a problem: http://discovermagazine.com/2013/nov/13-allergic-life

Extreme Chemical Sensitivity Makes Sufferers Allergic to Life

Its sufferers were once dismissed as hypochondriacs, but there's growing biological evidence to explain toxicant-induced loss of tolerance (TILT).

By Jill Neimark|Wednesday, December 11, 2013

.............Individuals with TILT can become increasingly more reactive over time, until they find themselves responding adversely to the mere whiff or dollop of everyday chemicals — at concentrations far below established toxicity. The triggering substances are often structurally unrelated and range from airborne molecules to ordinary drugs and supplements, lotions, detergents, soaps, newsprint ............

The new study is based on an inventory of 50 questions called the QEESI (the Quick Environmental Exposure and Sensitivity Inventory, available for free at familymed.uthscsa.edu/qeesi.pdf). The QEESI isolates sensitivities to common triggers, such as diesel, paint thinner, foods and products like fabric softener. It is very effective at culling the one in five individuals who are vulnerable to severe TILT, and it has been validated in Sweden, Denmark, Japan and the United States.

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

Yes it is a first world problem. Humans where never designed/evolved to deal with modern chemical fragrances. I really believe I am like the canary in the mine.

Most of the chemicals we deal with on a daily basis are bad for us! People like me just tend to react to them quicker and stronger than others.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    little_Socrates, they do not understand what a nightmare just shopping for the household can be like. Simple things like making sure you are buying "free and clear" AND this is not always cheap you do not find these items on the bargain shelf. Trash bags, laundry soap, laundry softner, laundry bleach, cleaning supplies, here is one you do not think about toilet paper, deodorant, shampoos, body wash, and the list goes on forever. In my home everyone must adhere to these rules with no exceptions, it is a way of life and has been for 40 years.
  • truthlover
    truthlover
    Not allowed in the hall here anyway... most halls clean with natural stuff, vinegar, scent free items, etc. Vinegar can clean and disinfect everything, from floors, to windows to toilets and mirrors - Wet wipes are used for door handles, railings and light switches...
  • DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

The last city I lived in, had a police woman, everyone called, peaches. You could smell her a mile away. I was at the movie one night, and started gasping for air, as the peaches smell hit me. As I was stumbling for the rear exit, I collapsed in the doorway and crawled out into the hallway. A couple of guys helped me get outside to fresh air.

Leaving the 40th floor of an office building, 2 floors down, a few women got in, about 30 seconds later, I was in the floor gasping. They thought I was having a heart attack! Totally blacked out that time! Woke up to EMT's, with a breathingtube down my throat!

My Xmonster, got this stuff called "Xclumation", In busy Atlanta rush hour traffic, she pulls it out and starts spraying, I managed to get off the road, and out of the car before blacking out!

Some purfum's just make me sick, or feel like my lungs are on fire. And guve me headaches.

White diamonds should be marked as a chemical wepon!

Thankfully only about a third of purfum's cause me any problems. But just in case, I start getting away from any of it, if I smell it!

• krejames
    krejames

I didn't like this OP. No matter how thoughtless someone is by wearing too much perfume, they don't need to be subjected to aggression. If I'm honest my immediate thoughts about the OP when reading it were "what a horrible person looking for an excuse to shout at these people" and "some people need to get a life". Yes I know that's very judgemental of me, but I was raised JW and some traits are hard to shake off.

But you know the most offensive thing about this? The title. It says "interesting visit" (sorry "intersting"). I was expecting some interesting debate, or an opportunity taken to wake up some JWs, but, no, this was just a boring excuse to belittle and intimidate a couple of strangers. Stereotypical apostate in fact ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit