"not doing well spiritually"

by Introvert 2 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Working late tonight I just thought this up : Whenever we used to hear someone say " so and so is not doing well spiritually™ " or "not doing well in the truth™ " what it really means is they aren't doing well climbing the WTBTS's corporate ladder or doing their beck and call following the herd cult thingy. Been brought up before but had to share..feel free to add.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That term is used to accomplish many things, like making the target feel guilty, and stirring up the lemmings...

DD

• floridaborn
    floridaborn

Then they get labeled as bad association and people avoid them like the plague.

• zeb
    zeb

spiritual in wt speak equals obedience in dress, in speech in hours logged in the fs, in meetings attendance ad nauseum.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

I mentioned to a sister that a mutual friend of ours is very busy. Her response was "busy in the truth?". Only that would be acceptable. Mustn't be busy doing anything else.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, they use the term "spirituality" so loosly.

The measure of a witness's "spiritual" standing is purely based on outward appearances and activity doing JW activities.

It has nothing to do with one's relationship with God (if you still believe in him)

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

In other words, "Enjoying life".

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I loathe that phrase

its said with no need for “evidence” or honesty. Anyone can just “say it”

similar to not giving the correct answer in a “conscience” decision (CD) despite being a CD you will be asked to “pray about it” and talk with elders in a few days

of course pray about it means choose the correct CD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I think the term I'm most familiar with is 'spritually weak(tm)'.

Don't the jobos just love to feel more special than others?!

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Spiritually weak in JW terms = not doing much in FS, poor meeting attendance, Not blabbering like Oh Jah did this, Jah did that, isn't Jah wonderful…..

Reality is, the spiritually weak is sensing that all or something is fake in this religion.

When I was wakening, elders used to come and advise that I should be less materialistic and be more spiritual. I am the least materialistic but they had to blame it on me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit