Individual Duds absolutely cannot learn the "truth" on their own"???

by James Mixon 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Outlaw - "Without WBT$ Literature that constantly contradicts itself with new teachings... no one would know WTF was going on..."

Yes...

...apparently, constantly contradicting teachings do a much more effective job explaining WTF is going on than I would have ever thought.

Who knew?

:smirk:

• blondie
    blondie

Bad morning, posted on wrong thread.........

But what about remembering it was the religious leaders of the currently approved nation of Israel that said these things.....

Acts 4:13

Now when they saw the outspokenness* of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated* and ordinary men,+ they were astonished

or John 7:14,15

When the festival was half over, Jesus went up into the temple and began teaching. 15 And the Jews were astonished, saying: “How does this man have such a knowledge of the Scriptures when he has not studied at the schools?”

or 1 Cor. 1:26,27

For you see his calling of you, brothers, that there are not many wise in a fleshly way,+ not many powerful, not many of noble birth,+ 27 but God chose the foolish things of the world to put the wise men to shame; and God chose the weak things of the world to put the strong things to shame;+

• truthwillsetyoufree
    truthwillsetyoufree

Because that doesn't at all contradict and destroy the very foundation of the organisation! So I guess it was wrong for Charles taze Russel to set himself apart from the religions of his time and start his own religion based upon his own understanding of the scriptures? There weren't seven men grouped together deciding what to believe in - Russel did that on his own and preached and toured round America - he was pastor Russell, not pastor Russell and pastor so-and-so and pastor so-and-so..... it was just the one guy with his own understanding and interpretation of scripture which without that would never had led to the jehovahs witnesses being formed. So where does that leave Charles taze Russell if you can't learn the truth on your own and need an organisation to teach you? I suppose based upon this teaching by the society they themselves would have to accept that Charles Russell couldn't possibly have learnt the truth about God on his own. And as there was no true organisation he couldn't have been taught it. So Charles Russell's religion is a sham and can't be true. And the same has to be said for Rutherford too.

Talk about shooting yourself in your own foot.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

If a tribe of natives on a far off Island found a crate of Bibles that washed ashore, they would be doomed - it wouldn't be that bad.

They could use the wooden crates to build things. Plus, all those bibles could be used to supply months and months' worth of toilet paper.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

All good points folks I believe we are on the same page..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit