Call For Children To Get Baptised From CO

by freemindfade 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

So I've been pretty good at not going to meetings lately. Yesterday I went for the CO's last talks. Older CO. His last talk was absolutely shocking.

He basically just came out and implored "children" to get Baptised. How? Well at one one point he mentioned how he was Baptised at 11. He then went on with talking about Jesus and the angels with the smashing tools. And the mark on the head. And how he commanded those to be destroyed "old, men, women, children" so he started talking about how they were accountable. And going to die at Armageddon. I'm not making this up.

How did he illustrate their accountability? He talked about the children mauled by the bear for teasing gods prophet for being bald. He said he didn't go and talk to their parents because those kids were accountable to jehovah. My mouth must have been hanging open. Then He basically just came out and said it. Get Baptised. The organization is showing it's desperation in so many things.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Mauled by the BEAR - not FAR
  • tiki
    tiki
    They just want numbers...and using the scare you're gonna get killed in a most awful way tactic is so very low and despicable. They truly condone child abuse on every level.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Is this from an outline from G.O.D., or is it his own twisted cultisness?
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    What's next ? A circuit overseer extolling the virtues of child marriages?
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Punk, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an outline. The simified teach us book seems to be aimed at pre teens.....so a c.o. outline after this book release is quite predictable. Despicable but predictable.

If we have pre teens that attended meetings they need to be protected from this propaganda.

Kate xx

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Sorry about the Far and not bear. Sometimes on this site my phone changes the words and odd things happen. Damn Samsung. Like right now it tried to change "damn" to "dan". Wtf
  • Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress

I'd like to dig up previous Watchtower articles/writings that contradict all this. I'm sure they put something out there before, which CRITICIZES other religions for doing JUST THAT: child baptisms.

I'm sure that the JWs have used 1 Cor 7:14 (children sanctified through parent's faith) before, to defend AGAINST child baptisms.

If any former JWs know if any such Watchtower writings, please post some references. I'd love to smear it in their faces and make 'em eat it.

• Splash
    Splash

SUITABLE AGE FOR BAPTISM

*** w06 4/1 pp. 27-28 par. 8 Meeting the Requirements for Christian Baptism ***
    Are children in a position to make an intelligent dedication? The Scriptures give no age requirements for baptism. Still, infants certainly could not become believers, exercise faith, or make a dedication to God. (Acts 8:12) Regarding first-century Christians, historian Augustus Neander states in his book General History of the Christian Religion and Church: “Baptism was administered at first only to adults, as men were accustomed to conceive baptism and faith as strictly connected.”

*** w89 1/15 p. 13 par. 17 What Prevents You From Getting Baptized? ***
    Clearly, baptism is a serious step. Baptizing an infant is wrong because a baby cannot understand, make a decision, and become a disciple. (Matthew 28:19, 20) Those baptized during Philip's ministry in Samaria were "men and women," not mere infants. (Acts 8:4-8, 12) Baptism is for those old enough to learn, believe, and exercise faith. (John 17:3; Acts 5:14; 18:8; Hebrews 11:6) In this regard, historian Augustus Neander wrote: "Faith and baptism were always connected with one another; and thus it is in the highest degree probable . . . that the practice of infant baptism was unknown [in the first century C.E.]. . . . That it first became recognised as an apostolic tradition in the course of the third century, is evidence rather against than for the admission of its apostolic origin."—History of the Planting and Training of the Christian Church by the Apostles (New York, 1864), page 162.

*** w76 9/15 p. 576 Questions From Readers ***
    But is the child able to make personal decisions, able to decide from his own mind and heart (not that of the parents) the course in life he wishes to take? Is he capable of comprehending and seeking a personal relationship with God, one that is not dependent upon his parents? Is he able to stand before a judicial body, accountable for any wrongdoing he may commit? If not, then such child is evidently not in position to be baptized

w62 6/1 p. 330 par. 3 Why Be Baptized?
    it would be improper for infants to be baptized. One must know why he is baptized. Very young children would be lacking in understanding. It is true that Christ Jesus said: "Let the young children come to me." But there is no record that he baptized any young children or commanded that they be baptized.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The men who run the WTS. want children to get baptized so they can officially and rigidly control them.

Thats the real reason, its about power and control, don't be fooled by anything else.

They know that children are enormously influenced by their parents and the rest of the congregation.

They many times implicate that you wont make through Armageddon if your not baptized placing fear into people minds so they do get baptized. ie. children

In the end its all about mentally indoctrinated people and taking control over peoples lives to further exploit them for work and money.

Religion is really a dirty means to create power and money, mostly composed of lies, fear and ignorance, its just that its not that blatantly obvious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit