Open discussion on "Spiritual Intelligence"

by Fernando 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Does this mean that either the pope or some Mullah can challenge the title “world championship” in SI?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Some of the twits on this forum grieve me.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Spiritual intelligence , how fast can you make some realize it's all bull and make them an atheist. Is that what it means?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yes of course that's what it means. Just watch the sport and pour yourself another beer.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Xanthippe.....you asked, i answered. Not sure what about my comment was phobic of words. Perhaps if you intended to discuss a definition of a word in particular that you personally recognize, its a good pla e to start with exactly what you mean?

Because its so abstract, it doesnt seem to be able to "tested". What would be the purpose of such a test?

Twit out.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Perhaps if you intended to discuss a definition of a word in particular that you personally recognize, its a good pla e to start with exactly what you mean?

I did, in my post which starts with the Wikipedia discussion. Did you read it? Now I presume you are going to discuss what a definition of a word means and other pedantry. I put my heart and soul into that post and you've ignored it. As Flipper would say, peace out.

• millie210
    millie210
    Xanthippe
    I put my heart and soul into that post ...

Xanthippe, I wanted you to know that I read this earlier this morning before heading out to enjoy some fireworks. It was very thought provoking.

As someone doing a slow fade after a lifetime of JW-ism, I have a steep learning curve. There is much to figure out.

Addressing the various complex and intricate parts that make up "the self" in a new way (apart from the black and white non negotiable way taught by the Org) is extremely important to me.

I like the points you presented. Thank you for sharing them.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thank you Millie. I hope you enjoyed the fireworks.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Thank you all folks for contributing to the conversation.

@Xanthippe. Thank you. I wanted to leave plenty of room for all flavours of the rainbow...

• Fernando
    Fernando

For a while I have personally begun to see spiritual principles as universal.

And that there are a number of approaches that yield these principles.

In my experience religion (of all stripes) is hostile to authentic human spirituality since it cannot be patented, sold, bought or controlled (by the ruling religious clergy class). Religiosity is substituted in its place, with the clergy then conflating religiosity with spirituality (we haven't stolen your spirituality...).

Buddhism for example it seems is generally not regarded or conducted as a religion, and is relatively open and inclusive.

Much like so called "Christianity" was supposed to have been, save for the relentless efforts of the clergy.

I have heard horror stories emanating from some extreme "Buddhist" groups though. A friend was regarded and treated as having joined Satan after leaving a particularly controlling "Buddhist" group.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit