Happy 20th Birthday to JWD / JWN

by Simon 41 Replies latest forum announcements

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thank you Simon for making, managing snd maintaining this site for the past 20 years. Congratulations are definitely in order.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i cant say this site helped me leave the watchtower--a had started to leave 50 years ago! but i first joined as bigmac 10 years ago. i log in most days, but sometimes i wonder why i do--its as if the cult still has some influence on my life. but then there are members who never have been dubs..go figure that out !

the site definitely convinces me the watchtower cult is just a money making con: that there is no god and the very idea of living forever in a brave new world is just escapist fantasy.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Cheers to You and your Baby!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SIMON:

Thank you for the JWD/JWN forum...It’s been fifteen years for me.

I’m glad you keep the forum a civil place and not allow it to degenerate into something smutty and useless which could have happened some years back!..Even though I may look on other forums, I am only registered here.

I’m sure many are grateful to you.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Simon: I think you've saved the lives of many people -- or at least "the rest of their lives"!

I'm sure there is a voodoo doll of you at Warwick full of pins & needles.

Simply cannot say THANKS! enough for all you do.

Doc

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Happy anniversary! this site was instrumental in my awakening journey. I am definitely one of those that reads more than posts. And I must admit in the early days, I read posts and threads for hours at a time.

It was "food at the proper time" as they say in dubtown.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

This site comes under the category of something that if it didn't exist would have to be invented.

Simon, we will all be forever indebted to you. By bringing us together you have helped us to discard guilt and cherish truth.

Thank you Simon

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

10 years ago I came on this site scared to death for coming over to the other side. Through the years this site has provided for me emotional and mental growth. Thank you for setting up this site and allowing us to have a safe haven to escape the borg. We may not always agree but it's so good to have you on our side. Again thank you. Still Totally ADD

• steve2
    steve2

This October it will have been 15 years since I joined. My avatar says it all: Give me music and you'll get a big smile from me.

An excellent, informative, often challenging and occasionally infuriating forum. It's not necessarily for the fainted-hearted, but can be instrumental in helping the faint-hearted kick start their fade.

I like that it has room for a number of different viewpoints and that Simon wastes no niceties on posters who flout the standard rules for posting. I've seen a number of posters take exception and leave in high drama. I've seen even more share their views over the years as they've reached out to share their wisdom, knowledge and experience.

Thank you Simon for standing by your website and growing bolder in your views with each passing years. And thank you in particular for allowing us to be your guests. Best wishes over the next many, many years.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Happy Anniversary JWD!!

Thank you Simon and Angharad! as well as all the mods through the years.

I was on another site, Pathways, in 2003-2004 when I "met" some of the folks that were posting here. As I checked JWD, I fell down the rabbit hole of some amazing discussions. Paradise, the flood, the Bible in general were some of the topics I always had issues with, and finding these discussions here on JWD was confirmation I was not alone.

I have met people from all around the world from this site, as well as Canada and the USA. We are all still friends outside of the DB, and communicate regularly. Thank you for that gift as well.

Cheers to another 20 and thank you for everything!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit