by NinaCee 30 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome.

This is a great community with supportive people.

We have all travelled similar paths, and yet we all allow ourselves to be individuals with our own ideas.

Life is not like the society presents it to be. It is not all clear-cut and easily understood. Some things take time and some things we will never fully know... and that is OK and a part of life.

We look forward to you input here!

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

Welcome Ninacee, most if not everyone here can relate to your feelings. I have been out now for about 6 years and will never go back for the same reasons you listed in your post. You have made the right decision, just continue to stay strong although you feel lonely, in time it will get better.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Welcome Nina!

I have tried to go back to the organization several times. The problem is that when you read as much as I do, you invariably come across things that make you THINK, and then you see the the organization for what it really is.

I highly suggest you read Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz, a former member of the Governing Body (It's available free in pdf). You'll see that, no matter how bad things are as you see them now, they're always worse when you look more closely.

Don't bother returning to the organization, they don't deserve someone as honest as you.

Unfortunately he has been a little possessive and has caused me to lose some of the friends I did make when I left.

Is he also Hispanic? They're naturally inclined towards that.

But something is still missing. I don't even feel like I can have a personal connection with god because if Jehovah wants "his people" to behave the way they do, then I don't want to know or love Jehovah. In fact, I think he's a bit of an asshole.

That "missing" thing is the realization that there's no such thing as such a god.

Keep in touch.

• flipper
    flipper

NINA- Welcome to the board, you are among friends here who have also experienced many injustices from the WT Society. I had to chuckle at your comment, " I think he's ( Jehovah ) a bit of an asshole " - LOL ! - I totally agree. I mean what allegedly " heavenly father " would allow his creation of humans to suffer because the first man and woman ate an apple for christs sakes ? I wouldn't even do that to MY children !

We are here as a support to you and welcome to the board my friend

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Hello Nina,

I was happy to read your post and hope you will continue to read and post on this forum, and read information about cults. I've been here for awhile and have received a lot of help to dismantle the mind-control installed by the WT.

It takes years to learn to think independently after leaving the WT.

Love and health to you!

• Fernando
    Fernando

A warm welcome NinaCee.

I have found this community very helpful on my healing journey - you are not alone - many here feel the same and have been down a similar path.

Best wishes

Fernando

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome NinaCee, thanks for sharing your story.

Losing your entire extended family is going to be a blow no matter the reason, my heart goes out to you. Even though you know you could never stomach going back it's always going to hurt a bit being separate from your family. I hope you keep trying to make new friends though. The reality is that friends do come and go even without the complications of the religion, I have lost friends myself a few times do to job changes, moves, etc. Being an introvert and not working anymore it's hard to make new friends these days, so I can relate to what you are going through.

• Alostpuppydog
    Alostpuppydog

Hello NinaCee!

Welcome to a website full of people. Be careful what you talk about on here because there are quite a few trolls out there that will try and attack you personally for no apparent reason. And I've seen plenty of ex-JW's defend the JW's to the death against you, which is quite ironic. But I would say from my own experience that 60% are decent people on here.

Its strangely like being at a Kingdom Hall.

-ALPD

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome NinaCee from the land of OZ Its a very supportive community hereyour among friends.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Welcome! Do yourself a favour, and try putting your burdens on JESUS if you are still a believer. That's what the BIBLE says, NOT Jehovah. It's says to invoke JESUS name as well.

I'd also like to say to Simon and other anti-Trump members: I consider myself more of a moderate. Even my wife (a registered Democrat) wouldn't vote for Hillary. She was forced to vote for Trump, who at least speaks his mind. Why the Democrats couldn't get Al Gore to run again is beyond me. I guess he was sick after losing to Bush in 2000 like he did. But still, he would have been a much better candidate and more relate-able.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit