Inconsistencies is the Preachng Work

by LetTheTruthBeKnown 12 Replies latest jw friends

• LetTheTruthBeKnown
    LetTheTruthBeKnown

With the shutdown of the Public Preaching work. Some take it to mean all preaching in all forms. Other take it to mean it only includes door to door and cart witnessing, but you can do phone witnessing.

What is interesting is that depending which country you live in the direction that was given what to do is different.

Two countries (Malta and Ireland) that I know of were told explicitly not to do phone witnessing. I believe it has to do with tel-marketing laws and fines associated with it.

So I guess it all comes down to money.

Looks like if the authorities ever wanted to shutdown the preaching work (i.e. Russia), all they ever had to do is fine everyone and the organization, every time someone went out in service.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Seems they only go after the lowest levels of the organization, leaving those running the whole scam immune. (This happens with other scams, along with drug operations--the street dealers get 25 years to life in prison while the high level pushers get nothing.) They really need to lock up those in charge, which they never will (the reptilians that are our real bosses would never, NEVER let that happen). They just mop up a few at the lowest levels, and do that to appease those who want this religion (and other scams) gone.

And all this will do, with a ban on using the phone to spread the cancer, is cause people to waste stamps writing letters. I can guarantee that they will insist on people writing those things all day (just using your printer, or sending e-mails will not do). Hand written letters, along with a waste of paper and a link to the official jokehovian website, will be required. (And make sure you are in your full suit while you are doing that--never mind just the mask.) This will cost close to what a whole roll of silver quarters costs per day (or a halfway decent starter supply of basic food and supplies). Which people do not have.

I wonder how much more it will cost if people start sending these letters back postage due, with weights attached. Again, it will be those writing the letters and not those in charge that get hit with the charges. Put more burden on those at the bottom, along with the legal trouble, while those at the top are protected by the reptilians running this planet.

• Attewc
    Attewc

I thought they were supposed to obey God as ruler rather than men ? Or is it they are supposed to obey the Superior Authorities God has put in place ? But if the Superior Authorities go against God and tell JWs not to go out to preach God's message who do they listen to ? Obviously Almighty God trumps the SA, unless God doesn't exist, then . . .

-ATTEWC

• alanv
    alanv

I would just say, if the local publishers have to spend money on their witnessing, then that leaves less money to go to USA headquarters. I imagine donations are well down at the moment worldwide because of the pandemic. The org are still pushing for more money whenever they get the chance, mainly at the zoom midweek meetings.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

From the O/post

"What is interesting is that depending which country you live in the direction that was given what to do is different.

Two countries (Malta and Ireland) that I know of were told explicitly not to do phone witnessing. I believe it has to do with tel-marketing laws and fines associated with it.

So I guess it all comes down to money."

I think it would have more to do with the requirement to obey the law than the risk of a fine.

In the U.K telephone witnessing has never been popular , even though the old Kingdom Ministries used to suggest it. Brits dont like being phoned on spec. Tele marketing is hated. Right now, around here the Ministry can be letter writing to those you know, or e mails or phone calls but only to established "calls' or studys..

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I get called on - time is counted speaking to me.

I'm really useful.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Here in the US there is no cart or door to door preaching. I'm not sure about the phone preaching, I think I'm on a do not call list. This guy asks too many thinking questions. This is a relief! No one wants to hear their bull anyway.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Oh Overrated, show more tender affection :) Find a PIMO who has to count time. Talk about, ice creams, weather, how unreasonable the elders are, then let the PIMO put it down on their report.

• Eloquence
    Eloquence

Did you know on the 20th of May Organ donation in England moved to an 'opt out' system. This means that all adults in England will be considered to have agreed to be harvested unless they have opted out.

If you don't agree with the state assuming ownership of your body you may like this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ODOUK

Also intructions how to opt out inside.
  • cofty
    cofty

Eloquence stop bouncing multiple old threads to promote your campaign.

Why not start an actual thread to discuss the topic?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit