JW's are the SAME as other Christians....

by BoogerMan 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Hi VH, you didn't respond: Which Christian denomination do you think is 100% correct in all its beliefs & teachings? Any of them?

Are JW false teachings any worse than Catholic/LDS/Cof E, false teachings, etc?

@ Fisherman: nice thought, but people are attacked, precisely because of their beliefs.

It has happened here for years.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Boogerman

I don't know of any religion which is 100% doctrinally correct.

But to me, some religions are definitely worse than others. Any religion which denies adherents a personal and or a saving relationship with Jesus Christ, i.e., preaches another Jesus and another gospel, would be the ones to be avoided most.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Which Christian denomination do you think is 100% correct in all its beliefs & teachings? Any of them? - Boogerman

I don't know of any religion which is 100% doctrinally correct.

But some religions are definitely worse than others. Any religion which denies adherents a personal and or a saving relationship with Jesus Christ, i.e., preaches another Jesus and another gospel, would be the ones to be avoided most. - Vanderhoven7

We are all going to hell if any of it is true | Religion | Know Your Meme

• Mum
    Mum

There are huge differences between JW's and other Christian denominations. Most Christian denominations accept other denominations as Christians, too, and don't think they exclusively have "the truth." Other Christian denominations accept that others can choose a different church and not be shunned or considered apostate. Most Christians are in favor of college and self-improvement and seeking therapy if one is troubled.

Those are the most important distinctions. Other denominations don't require their adherents to exist in a living hell.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Denomination means to give something a name. In this case various classes of Christians. But what is to be made of this verse?

(1 Corinthians 3:4) . . .For when one says: “I belong to Paul,” but another says: “I to Apollos,” are you not simply men?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Everyone judges, it is necessary for survival. We are commanded to do it. But, there is a way to do it.

Matthew 7:2

For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

John 7:24

Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.

The word of God is the standard of judgment.

Which Christian denomination do you think is 100% correct

There are hundreds of thousands of independent Baptist churches, bible churches, non-denominational, Nazarene and others that have no affiliation with any governing board, no matter how easy going they are. They are locally run and the members can fire the pastor if he gets weird on them. Everybody sings the same Christian songs.

Differences are minor, probably less that a half dozen little issues that have nothing to do with Salvation.

The WT likes to make it out that there are thousands of different Christian religions. It is just not true. Here are some of the flavors that believers tend to flock together around.

Millennial vs Amillennial

Calvinism vs. Arminianism

Expository preaching vs. Illustrative

Eternal Security

Relaxed dress vs. business casual

Gifts of the Spirit

The Church is united in salvation under one Leader. Yet, there is much freedom in Christ for believers. I believe the King approves of all the various locally run churches, and probably a great many of the denominational ones as well, because it limits the damage done when one occasionally apostatizes.

It is the same reason that the Lord approves of nation states. When one state goes rogue, the evil is contained.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I like your style SB!

I'm Trinitarian, Millennial, Arminianism Gifts of the Spirit,. One Favorite preacher - the late Adrian Rogers

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

TBK - I love that meme, it's hilarious. I see a dislike on there.....someone with no sense of humour or the cap fits.

I would ask religious people who say 'I believe this thing', when other denominations of the same faith don't, 'what if you're wrong.'

Is that a fair question?

• jhine
    jhine

Mum l totally agree .

I am the TCC member for my church , as in the specific church that l attend. TCC is a group called Tamworth Covenanting Churches. This group brings together ALL the churches in Tamworth to work together. Anglicans, Catholics, Baptists etc . Projects have included setting up accommodation for homeless people during winter months.

The only groups as far as l know that aren't part of it are JWs and Mormons. JWs in particular will not mix with other groups even to do good works , but ya'll know that.

More and more different denominations are coming together finding common ground in their beliefs.

Yes judgement does still happen but less and less .

Very fair question Punky , yes l may be wrong in my specific beliefs. I can only go with what seems right to me when l read my Bible. In our individual study groups we use material from lots of different sources and hopefully are open to learn and grow in wisdom , love and faith.

Jan

• Syme
    Syme

JWs are not the *same* as other Christians, they are *worse* than other Christians,

both dogmatically - they contain the most dogmatical errors by far than any other Christian religion or denomination (it's like one collected all the possible errors from every denomination and brought them together into one sect),

and conduct-wise - their conduct is most un-Christianlike (shunning and refusal of blood transfusions being the most outstanding examples, the complete opposite of Christian love and behaviour).

In fact, they can hardly be named Christians from an theological point of view, since they reject the divinity of Jesus and do not worship Jesus as the Bible clearly orders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit