JW's are the SAME as other Christians....

by BoogerMan 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

...they condemn/attack those whose beliefs/opinions/interpretations of scriptures differ from theirs.

Various scriptures reveal to Christians that the judging of mankind will be done by Christ Jesus:

John 5:22,28,29, Acts 10:42, Acts 17:31, Romans 14:9, 2 Cor. 5:10, 2 Tim. 4:1, 1 Pet. 4:5, Rev. 11:18 & 20:12.

Christ said, “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you," (Matthew 7:1, 2)

So everyone who claims to be a Christian should think twice before they try to do Christ's job for him.

He'll be the one to decide who got things right or wrong, so leave the condemning to him.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

This is a great message for Jehovah’s Witnesses to read and absorb. If you are not a JW you are not a Christian and you will be destroyed at Armageddon for rejecting their FDS.

That is not judging righteous judgment.

It is OK to judge the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses as false. It is OK to judge their gospel as false. It is OK to judge their authority as false. It is not OK to judge them as individuals.

I have met a number of JWs who appear to know both Father and Son even though they are in an unbiblical religion that judges all non-JWs as pawns of Satan.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Here is an openly honest portrayal of Watchtower judgmentalism.

https://youtu.be/b0KOibA2KYQ

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Sorry VH, but I do not recognize Jehovah's Witnesses, Baptists, Roman Catholics, Christadelphians, LDS, Church of England, etc. etc. as religions, they are denominations - denominations of the religion of Christianity.

Which Christian denomination do you think is 100% correct in all its beliefs & teachings? Any of them?

Having different teachings/beliefs, doesn't make someone a false Christian, any more than it makes an accuser a true Christian. It's just a Christian who is wrong regarding one or more Bible teachings.

So when "Christians" from one denomination, declare other denominations as false, they're treading on very thin ice as far their Lord and master is concerned.

Roman 14:1 - “Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall.”

Romans 14:10 - You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Watchtower isn't a religion it is a publishing house or media company. Even they say they are not a religion.

As far as I understand, in USA, Christianity is not a religion. It is a way of life. I can't quite remember how it is defined but I think it is that fact that Jesus is the truth. Therefore truth cannot be a religion. And personally I don't think of Jesus as being 'religious'. I used to ask people on the min if they thought Jesus was religious. Generally people answered 'no'. In fact I don't remember anyone saying 'yes.'

Key point about WT is that the published material is a double-cross, full of misleading info. Given that, I don't see how the corporation can be described as Christian. But this is true of other corporations that claim to be Christian.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Usually religious people think that their's is the right path. It's obvious to them, that's why the follow their chosen way. Not much point following if you're not convinced.

Someone has to be wrong.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Sigmund Freud believed he was right. You challenge people like him and all they say is that you are suffering neurotic resistance and have not experienced the truth as they have.

Was Sigmund Freud religious? Jung did not agree with him. They fell out but both identified as psychologists. L Ron Hubbard didn't like Freud's stuff. He came up with dianetics/Scientology.

And what about Mesmer and his Animal Magnetism? Animal Magnetism and ideas about hysteria took over from exorcisms when the Catholic church lost its hold on the French after the Revolution.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Boogerman,

Do you feel Paul was falsely judging the Judaisers from James who tried to impose the Law on Gentile Christians as a requirement for salvation.

There is a point at which religion completely veers from Christianity and Paul isolates those points in Galatians chapter one.

6I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
    7Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
    8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    9As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
    10For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Paul reserved the right to judge and reject those who preach another gospel and another Jesus. This is exactly what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing. Servants of Christ call a spade a spade and don't worry about what men think of them.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    they condemn/attack those whose beliefs/opinions/interpretations of scriptures differ from theirs.

No, the “attack” is on beliefs not on people.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina
    (Luke 12:1) . . .In the meantime, when the crowd had gathered together in so many thousands that they were stepping upon one another, he started out by saying first to his disciples: “Watch out for the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit