Water on Mars (Possibly life)

by pleaseresearch 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Any JW has one of the main deep-down doctrines that holds them 'captive'.

That is of 'universal sovereignty'. That is only one of the key cornerstone doctrines which they are captive to and abide by. Any JW will argue 'adamantly' to the fact that there is only life here on one planet, ours Earth.

Should life be proven anywhere else but Earth, one of their cornerstone doctrines comes tumbling down. In many JW's mind their bible would be ruined. On a personal matter I would be just fine if life were proven elsewhere.

Some would argue that ''there is no scripture saying life does NOT exist elsewhere'' in the universe. But yeah to a great many JW's their belief system takes a major, major devastating hit. In other words 'their bible'' would be destroyed.

• sir82
    sir82

Why would God create bacteria in an inhospitable and barren planet? That does not seems reasonable.

And the other stuff that fundies believe (talking snakes, houses getting sick from leprosy, genocide is A-OK if you heard God tell you to do it) is reasonable?

Good luck searching for reasonable stuff that God is credited with doing - I fear you will be searching long and hard.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

It should cause doubts because it supports the notion that life will evolve wherever the circumstances allow it to. JWs though would just dismiss it because it's microscopic bacteria and has no intelligence. They would say that somehow the bacteria must have traveled from Earth (where it was created) to Mars. Or they would say God created it there for some reason we don't yet understand.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

...take a look at the lawman beating up the wrong guy

Oh man, wonder if he'll ever know

he's in the best selling show

Is there life on maaaaaars...?????

Sorry David, we're still not quite sure.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

LOL, other things 'fundies' believe in also. A 'staff' turning into a snake, talking 'donkeys' and such.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    They even Admit Neanderthals Existed.

EverApostate - Ok I have been out for a few years - but I NEVER EVER heard that nor saw it in print.
    Please explain!!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

'Life' elsewhere is probably one their most feared outcomes. It just blows their concept of ''universal sovereignty'' to shreds!!!!

It's their worst feared realization. At least one of them.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    'Life' elsewhere is probably one their most feared outcomes.

I think it would have to be some kind of intelligent life otherwise they just write a paragraph or two to explain it and keep going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit