1975 on the back burner

by Fisherman 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wozza
    wozza

I think SLIMBOYFAT was onto something when he wrote this " According to the Genesis account Adam was 130 when they had their first child, so that sets the absolute limit of the delay between the creation of Adam and Eve at 129 years. That would put the latest date for the 6000-year anniversary of the creation of Eve at 2104. That would be 190 years after the Gentile Times ended in 1914 – quite a stretch. "

Now what I am looking at is to take this a bit further ,Slim's notes point to a possible armaggedon by the latest in 2104.

Now think about that 129 year delay between Adam & Eve being created ,remembering that FRANZ would spend some time with a Jewish man who was scholarly but who was not a JW and apparently they discussed the scriptures together.

Think who was seen as the WTS guru ,Franz, and who pushed for the possibility of 1975 as the end! Franz .

Now look at Slims figure of 129 years since Adam and Eve became a couple leading to year 2104.

Now take that year 2104 and deduct that 129 years ,2104 - 129 = what? Yes the year 1975,.

Maybe Franz worked out the watchtower prophecy this way ,errr but what then happened in 1975 -nothing but a zero.

I did my first study with an elder named Adrian in the 74 to 75 period and I know well what he was expecting in 1975 and he was not the only one. My future mother in law pointed out the scripture "no body knows the day or hour" ,so she did'nt put too much hope in 1975 ,but it was enough for me to stop my first study.

• TD
    TD

Genesis 5:3 claims Adam was 130 when Seth was born

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Genesis 5:3 claims Adam was 130 when Seth was born

I don’t follow what you mean by that.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Fisherman I think that TD's comment about Seth was to point out an apparent error made by woza, who said that "According to the Genesis account Adam was 130 when they had their first child ...". Genesis does not say the first child was was when Adam was 130 but rather that Adam was 130 when Adam's child named Seth was born. Genesis 4:1-2 says that Cain was the first child and that later Adam and Eve had the child named Abel. Genesis 4:25-26 says that Seth was born after Cain and Abel had been born.

But It is interesting that the "book of Adam's history" mentioned in Genesis chapter 5 does not mention Adam having an child before he had Seth. As a result, perhaps that account in chapter 5 (the account which I think is considered by scholars to be part of the account given by priests) disagrees with the account in chapter 4 (which scholars say is part of the Yahwehist account) of Cain being the first child of Adam and of Abel being their next son.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit