Argument for JDubs or any Fundi's

by Socrateswannabe 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

Jehovah's Witnesses believe:

1. Man was created in 4026 BCE

2. A global flood occurred in 2370 BCE

3. The Israelite’s wandering in the Wilderness began in 1513 BCE

Witnesses believe at man’s creation, all of the universe was at peace. However, this leaves them with the problem of accounting for animals who sport armor, or defensive or offensive weapons as body parts. JW’s could develop the argument that god created the animals with the ability to be dangerous but simply didn’t allow them to exercise that ability. But even for a JDub that argument would have to seem pretty ridiculous, and they would probably reject it anyway based upon their idea that they serve a god of love who would never create inherently dangerous creatures.

Their only other option is to believe that these animals grew those dangerous anatomical features through adaption. Of course most people realize that it takes hundreds of thousands or even millions of years for that to happen. But using JW’s own chronology, the animals had far less time than that in which to adapt. Dubs believe that god’s prohibition against eating meat was lifted after a global flood, which they believe occurred in 2370 BCE. It is also their belief that that is when animals began killing one another for food. We can extrapolate that and say that that’s when these dangerous or deadly features of animals would have been “allowed” to begin evolving. How long did it take them to evolve? For the venomous snake, it could only have been a few hundred years. Numbers 21:6 says that god sent venomous snakes against the Israelites when they were wandering in the Wilderness, and that some Israelites died from the snakebites. According to JW chronology, it was fewer than 900 years between the flood and the Israelite’s trek through the Wilderness.

For a group of people who don’t believe in evolution, they are stuck with the belief that god allowed extremely rapid evolution of these animals. How would they handle that?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

hey are stuck with the belief that god allowed extremely rapid evolution of these animals.

Even if Jeekaboba allowed rapid evolution after the flood, this still does not explain the scores and scores of fossils which are pre-flood dates, and that show that animals-many of them extinct had these predatory features way before the flood.

• A Ha
    A Ha

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but it also means an impossible population explosion, if army sizes and such are to be believed... like women would have to have a child every few days.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Did these Hoboites pick those dates from inside their noses or were they using astrological/ rear end wind chime prognostication/ Backward mathematical Adamic birth asswind calender/ pulling numbers out of anointed cheesebuns/ or just plain Lilliputian chronology?

Closed minds are opaque time bombs. Hoboites have minds shut tighter than a histerectomized womb. And twice as vacuous.

No offense meant to the fairer gender. Just a random.analogy. Apologies if I offend anyone.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Your Bullet Points 1 to 3 have all been shown by experts in the field, O. T scholars and Archaeologists etc, to be nonsense.

Genesis is 90% fiction, if not 99%.

Human habitation of Britain, where I live, pre-dates the supposed creation of Adam by thousands of years.

And there is more, much more, that Fundies like JW's who take the Bible as literal truth, cannot explain.

Dumbasses.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

What did spider webs catch pre-Edenic fall?

• smiddy
    smiddy

When Jah created the garden of Eden ,he obviously created thorns and thistles ,weeds , etc, outside the garden of Eden , because Adam was supposed to cultivate the ground and expand the garden of Eden outwards.

Not to mention the fact he would have had to cultivate the ground with his bare hands , as no tools had yet been invented ,except for the flaming sword that Jehovah apparently invented a little later on.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Socrateswannabe - "...How would they handle that?"

Like this:

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Socky -Jehovah's Witnesses believe:
    1. Man was created in 4026 BCE
    2. A global flood occurred in 2370 BCE
    3. The Israelite’s wandering in the Wilderness began in 1513 BCE

Where were these dates taken from? I'm not sure number 1 is current light...???

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

Punkofnice: Although they now admit that earth is millions of years old, they still believe that man and other living things are only 6,000 years old. So I guess god made the earth, let it sit there for millions of years, and then finally decided to do something with it. I'm pretty sure these are valid dates in JW world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit