Wire-Rim Glasses

by berrygerry 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• talesin
    talesin

SIAR - I remember when it was a BIG deal to wear a coloured shirt - maybe the 70s? Very risque!

:P

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

A congregation in the Ultra- Right Wing conservative city of Bloemfontein [South Africa ] had a cupboard for white shirts and would request visiting speakers to change shirts if their own shirts were too colourful ! I kid you not !

And god-forbid you pitched up in a "pink number" ! Pink anything was Verboten !!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Heaven knows which hick backwoods congregation the writer is here referring to, but in no way was this a universal policy...It certainly never happened around here
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I wore wire rims back in the day. But I was in California, I've heard we were way more liberal than everyone else.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JWs are placed into a situation of fear, guilt, oppression, pressure to do more for the organization which usually involves more public distribution of the WTS. literature.

The WTS designs its own appealing sales representatives (JWS) to how they look , talk, what they are to do in their private secular life, to whom they are to associate with, what they are to read , how much education they should seek.

All of it basically is to control people to become door to door sales representatives for the Watchtower Publishing house.

For all of that imposing regulations and control is surprising that many JWs develop depression, anxiety and other psychological disorders ???

• sparky1
    sparky1

I wore 'rimless' wire framed glasses when I was a Bethelite in the 70's , just like Papa Knorr!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

so--would a bro with wire rim glasses and a shaved head as well get d/f ?

or--only if he was a sister ?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS heads design their own version of spirituality, any signs of secular fashion is admonished because it shows that a person is vain, self observed and perhaps narcissistic.

The WTS wants its representatives to look wholesome and righteous in their appealing eyes.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Perhaps this was the same congregation that made sure that all brothers wore white shirts.
  • talesin
    talesin
    The one I never got ........ Beards. It reminds me of the navy. You can only have a beard when you are non-com or pfc or whatever, if your CO gives you permission (good luck with that). Beards. Go figure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit