The GB wants us to read this bible passage to you!

by StephaneLaliberte 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I had a brother visit me yesterday to invite me to the memorial. As usual, despite the unspoken passive aggressiveness, I was polite,

Anyway, this year, he started his presentation by saying: "The Governing Body (GB) wants us to read this bible passage to you!"

I was taken aback. I wanted to say: pardon me? What? Why not "WE", why say: The governing body?

Within the last few years, the level of attention given to the GB has become ridiculous. When I was a kid, I had pride at the idea that we barely talked about these man. All I knew was that they were humble man acting behind the scene. We used to say "the society" all the time and understood it to mean "the governing body and the brothers around them". Now, they consolidated the attention to the GB alone!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

By using that kind of language the elders are trying to make the GB appear loving, accessible, and close to you. It is none of those. It's just sickening creature worship.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    It's just sickening creature worship.

that's exactly how I felt!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

" All I knew was that they were humble man acting behind the scene. "

The past GB members had some winners as well. Some were unloving and unkind as well. The thing that is splitting this generation of GB members, is the internet. The technology that WT has embraced is biting them in the a**.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep, so rather than saying "Jesus or Jehovah would like these words shared with you", it is the GB?

So when did the GB overtake the 2 big J's in importance?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    So when did the GB overtake the 2 big J's in importance?

It seems like the JW Broadcast has created an environment that fosters the egocentricity of the group to levels not even reached by Rutherford and CTR!

• blondie
    blondie

GB the middle men between you and Jesus/god. No prayers through Jesus any more.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Was the GB thing part of their standard presentation or reserved for inactive ones?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I assume it was only for the inactive ones.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

It's all about power and the consolidation thereof. People want to hear the word of God, and the GB is now the only source for Jehovah's Witnesses, even though they've said time and again that they receive neither revelation nor inspiration. For better or for worse, the GB is the only existing chain of command and is the faithful slave that feeds God's people. So if there is communication from God, it will come through the GB.

I have it through an unimpeachable source, though, that Armageddon is right around the corner...in this generation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit